Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> on 2006/04/25 21:09:03 UTC

AbstractMetricsContext & MetricsRecordImpl not java 1.4 compatible

Hi,
was a decision to only use java 1.5 already done? I just remember
there was a discussion.
I note that AbstractMetricsContext and MetricsRecordImpl are not java
1.4 compatible.

Stefan

Re: AbstractMetricsContext & MetricsRecordImpl not java 1.4 compatible

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Stefan Groschupf wrote:
> was a decision to only use java 1.5 already done? I just remember  there
> was a discussion.

No, I think the conclusion was to stick with 1.4 a bit longer.

> I note that AbstractMetricsContext and MetricsRecordImpl are not java
> 1.4 compatible.

This is a bug.

Doug