Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Raquepo <rr...@primeorion.com> on 2003/04/03 12:48:56 UTC

checkbox

is there a maximum # of checkbox that a user can only select... i have a least 500 checkboxes when i all of them is check submit won't work but checking say sumthing around 200 chekboxes , submit will work?

is there a limitation of html checkox that i'm not aware of...

thanks...

Re: checkbox

Posted by Richard Raquepo <rr...@primeorion.com>.
Actually it could be more... it's just that a possible search would return
one or more records... so i got to be able to process it and show
checkboxes...

anyways, the problem is in the form method... when you have so many
checkboxes you cannot use the method="get" since i think the query strings
added in the url post is long and the browser is limited. so try using
method="post" instead...

thanks...

Re: checkbox

RE: checkbox

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
Thanks for clarrifying that.
URL limitations are a micro$oft 'feature' eh?
Why am I not surprised? ;->

Posted by Gemes Tibor <ti...@i-trade.hu>.

RE: checkbox

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
I was under the impression the max length of a get url was much lower (as
far as the spec goes - although I believe IE and Mozilla both support longer
ones than the minumum the spec mandates). Dont have the figures though :-(

>is there a maximum # of checkbox that a user can only select... i have a
least 500 checkboxes when i all of them is check submit won't work but
checking say sumthing around 200 chekboxes , submit will work?

No, but there is a limitation of max length (around 2000, not sure) of
the GET URL in IE.
So if you have a plenty of input fields, you can easily reach this
length. Try to use
POST instead.
Hth,

Tib