Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "C. Benson Manica" <cb...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/26 17:23:07 UTC

Change development version

What is the "proper" way to update the development version of a project (and
its subprojects if any)?  Say a project is currently at 1.4-SNAPSHOT but I
decide I want to mark it as 1.4-pre-1-SNAPSHOT - is there a way to do that
without manually editing all the poms involved?

--
C. Benson Manica
cbmanica@gmail.com

Re: Change development version

Posted by James Dumay <jd...@atlassian.com>.
You can also use the Maven Release Plugin update-versions mojo:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/update-versions-mojo.html

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by "C. Benson Manica" <cb...@gmail.com>.
Maybe indeed!  This solves a lot of problems - thanks!

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Schrecker, Wolfgang <
Wolfgang.Schrecker@atosorigin.com> wrote:

> Maybe this plugin would help:
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/
>
> W.