Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by anusuya bhan <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/14 02:59:58 UTC

Issue in Jmeter setup in corporate proxy LAN.

Hi Team,

Could you please help me in the below issue?

We have installed Apache Jmeter 3.0 in a corporate proxy network, however
this is unable to do any actions in the network.  On requesting of enabling
firewall for the same, as currently Jmeter cannot record any applications .
Network team confirms to have completed the same request however issue
still exists.

ON further investigation  Network team has given the below comments :

Our SOCKS proxy client is expecting direct communication to the destination
IP/port to be able to intercept and handle the communication. This is not
happening as the browser is set to proxy localhost:8080 (jmeter
requirement). Our guess is the communication is then routed to standard
internet proxies instead of SOCKS proxy. We can’t guarantee jmeter
compatibility with our SOCKS proxy and further investigation and tests are
required.

Can you help me if the above identification is true, or is there some
workaround that i can suggest my Network Team.

Require your inputs at the earliest.

Kind Regards

Anusuya Bhan

+4915163130716

Re: Issue in Jmeter setup in corporate proxy LAN.

Posted by Ivan Rancati <iv...@gmail.com>.
I assume the TMG client (installed on your machine or where else?) allows
you to use the proxy transparently.
If this is the case, I would ask the network team why you have to enter the
proxy information in your browser.

A Java app, like JMeter, sends a normal http request on the network. Unless
the proxy does some filtering on user agents or other http headers, I don't
understand how there can be problems for TMG and Java.

At any rate, the network team might be able to help by checking the proxy
logs in the following scenarios
- Successful http request from your browser (Maybe this will show that the
auth credentials include a domain/workgroup and not just your username. )
- http request from jmeter with no proxy settings
- http request from jmeter with proxy settings

best regards
Ivan

Posted by anusuya bhan <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello,