Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Sachith Withana <sw...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/17 03:40:27 UTC

Update the Gfac job status in the Orchestrator table.

Hi all,

Currently Gfac job status updates are not reflected in the Orchestrator
table. We need to have the status updates in the Orchestrator table for it
to function properly.

Currently the suggestion is:

Update the Orchestrator table when the Gfac is updating its status in the
registry.This will take place in the Registry method itself, since
Orchestrator is using the registry directly rather than going through the
API like the Gfac does.We will have to check whether the Gfac Job_id is
connected to an experiment in the Orchestrator table, and if it is, update
the Orchestrator table as well

Any better ways of doing this? I'm not sure about the overhead involved
with looking up two tables when updating the status.

Sachith Withana

Re: Update the Gfac job status in the Orchestrator table.

Posted by Sachith Withana <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lahiru,

Gfac goes through the Provenance manager whereas the Orchestrator directly
uses the registry SPI.
We are still debating on how to reflect the status changes of Gfac on to
the Orchestrator table.

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sachitha,

--