Posted to user@struts.apache.org by david chan <da...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/18 21:45:42 UTC

how to get servletContext from httpsession ? (servlet api 2.2)

Hi,
 My webapp use HttpSession.getServletContext() method
and works fine on tomcat 4.x. but not in websphere
4.x.
I just figure out HttpSession.getServletContext()
method is only avilable on servlet api 2.3.
 So in api 2.2, how can I do similar things? What I
need is in valueBound(HttpSessionBindingEvent se)
method to get an attribute from the application scope.
 With api 2.3, this seems so easy, but api 2.2 confuse
me.

 Thanks.
David

RE: how to get servletContext from httpsession ? (servlet api 2.2)

Posted by Mark Galbreath <ma...@qat.com>.
If you are trying to access the context in an Action class,

	this.getServlet().getServletContext();

I don't know anything about valueBound().

Mark