Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/04 17:54:45 UTC

New producer todo

Here is the list of todo items we have for the new producer (in no
particular order):
1. Rename to org.apache.* package
2. Discuss config approach
3. Finalize config approach
4. Add slf4j logging for debugging purposes
5. Discuss metrics approach
6. Add metrics
7. Convert perf test to optionally use new producer
8. Get system tests passing with new producer
9. Write integration tests that test the producer against the real server
10. Expand unit test coverage a bit
11. Performance testing and analysis.
12. Add compression support
13. Discuss and perhaps add retry support
14. Discuss the approach to protocol definition and perhaps refactor a bit
15. Deeper code review
16. Convert mirror maker

This doesn't count general bug fixing which I assume we will do as we find
them.

Guozhang grabbed the integration tests and Neha grabbed Mirror maker
conversion. If anyone else wants to grab something compression might be an
easy well-defined one to pick up.

-Jay

Re: New producer todo

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
I'd prefer to do the discussion on the mailing list as that has been
getting vastly better participation then the JIRAs do.

Re: New producer todo

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Re: New producer todo

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.