Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/01/16 20:39:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Atlas 0.7.1 (incubating) - release candidate 0 (dev group vote)

Atlas team,

Apache Atlas 0.7.1 (incubating) release candidate #0 is now available for a vote within dev community. Links to the release artifacts are given below. Can you please review and vote?

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary votes are reached.
[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1

Thanks,
Madhan

List of issues addressed in this release: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20Atlas%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.7.1-incubating%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC

Git tag for the release: https://github.com/apache/incubator-atlas/tree/release-0.7.1-rc0

Sources for the release: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/atlas/0.7.1-incubating-rc0/apache-atlas-0.7.1-incubating-sources.tar.gz

Source release verification:
  PGP Signature: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/atlas/0.7.1-incubating-rc0/apache-atlas-0.7.1-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc
  MD5 Hash: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/atlas/0.7.1-incubating-rc0/apache-atlas-0.7.1-incubating-sources.tar.gz.mds

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifacts are available at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/atlas/KEYS

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Atlas 0.7.1 (incubating) - release candidate 0 (dev group vote)

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>.
Hemanth,

Thanks for validating the release candidate and details of the issues found. Few additional directories were included in the tar inadvertently; resulting in excessive size and rat failures.

This requires fixing the tar file; no source changes are necessary. I will send an updated tar in rc1 shortly.

>> Assuming this is a source only release (which is what we have normally done)
Yes. This is source-only release, just as in earlier releases.

Thanks,
Madhan

On 1/17/17, 5:34 AM, "Hemanth Yamijala" <hy...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    Hello Madhan,

    Thank you for putting out the release.

    I started to look at it, but soon found that we seem to have included some binaries in the source package at graphdb/titan0/target, shaded/hbase-server-shaded/target, shaded/hbase-client-shaded/target - which is accounting for a large portion of the size of the source package. The size is 161 MB, which seems unusual for a source package.

    Assuming this is a source only release (which is what we have normally done) - these probably are all to be removed, and just remnants of an earlier build?

    Also, I did see some files that seemed extraneous, such as:

    * apache-atlas-0.7.1-incubating/webapp/test-output/
    * apache-atlas-0.7.1-incubating/.idea

    and so on.

    Thanks
    Hemanth