Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by ap...@salesfactory.org on 2004/10/26 19:50:28 UTC

portlet- and entry-id important?

hello,

i want to copy a psml to other users.

how's about the portlet- and entry-id's? can i copy the entries without
problems to other users?

thank you.

Re: I am getting Connection Not avaiable error when I run Jetspeed for 5 hrs.

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
Le 27 oct. 04, à 08:14, Sunil Sheshadri a écrit :

> Hi,
> We have developed a portal application that is built on Jetspeed
> Framework.
> Our application has huge user database (10000 users) and because of
> this we
> were doing a reliability testing of the application with 200
> simultaneous
> users.
>
> After 5 hrs of test, the application gives the below error saying that
> Torque could not get connection from DB. Any idea what could be the
> problem?
> Why are we getting this error after 5 hrs of application running
> successfully?
>
> 2004 21:52:05 ERROR] -
> java.lang.NullPointerException: Connection object was null. This could
> be
> due to a misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory. Check the logs and
> Torque.properties to better determine the cause.
> 	at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.rollback(Transaction.java:179)
> 	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1333)
> 	at

My guess is that you've just found a race condition in the
Torque/Village/Turbine library or a bug in
the underlying JVM.

I've not checked the code yet, but it would help if you could also log
the grabage collector
activity while you profile your portal. Maybe this bug arises because
the Connection object is
incorrectly garbage collected either becasue there's a time window for
the GC where the connection
object is not referenced anywhere.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java

Re: I am getting Connection Not avaiable error when I run Jetspeed for 5 hrs.

Posted by Sihong Fan <fa...@yahoo.com>.
I have same problem. Which version are you using?
--- Sunil Sheshadri <ss...@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> We have developed a portal application that is built
> on Jetspeed Framework.
> Our application has huge user database (10000 users)
> and because of this we
> were doing a reliability testing of the application
> with 200 simultaneous
> users.
>
> After 5 hrs of test, the application gives the below
> error saying that
> Torque could not get connection from DB. Any idea
> what could be the problem?
> Why are we getting this error after 5 hrs of
> application running
> successfully?
>
> 2004 21:52:05 ERROR] -
> java.lang.NullPointerException: Connection object
> was null. This could be
> due to a misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory.
> Check the logs and
> Torque.properties to better determine the cause.
> 	at

org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.rollback(Transaction.java:179)
> 	at

org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1333)
> 	at

org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.doSelectVillageR
> ecords(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:419)
> 	at

org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.doSelectVillageR
> ecords(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:386)
> 	at

org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.TurbineUserPeer.doSelectUsers(Turbin
> eUserPeer.java:111)
> 	at

org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineUserManagement.getUser(