Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Yangze Guo <ka...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/30 14:33:57 UTC

"[VOTE] FLIP-108: edit the Public API"

Hi, there.

The "FLIP-108: Add GPU support in Flink"[1] is now working in
progress. However, we met problems regarding class loader and
dependency. For more details, you could look at the discussion[2]. The
discussion thread is now converged and the solution is changing the
RuntimeContext#getExternalResourceInfos, let it return
ExternalResourceInfo and adding methods to ExternalResourceInfo
interface.

Since the solution involves changes in the Public API. We'd like to
start a voting thread for it.

The proposed change is:

```
public interface RuntimeContext {
    /**
     * Get the specific external resource information by the resourceName.
     */
    Set<ExternalResourceInfo> getExternalResourceInfos(String resourceName);
}
```

```
public interface ExternalResourceInfo {
  String getProperty(String key);
  Collection<String> getKeys();
}
```

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Unless there is an objection,
I will try to close it by May 4, 2020 14:00 UTC if we have received
sufficient votes.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-108%3A+Add+GPU+support+in+Flink

Best,
Yangze Guo

Re: "[VOTE] FLIP-108: edit the Public API"

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Thank you~

Xintong Song