Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jon Wynacht <jw...@objectevolution.com> on 2003/05/30 05:06:01 UTC

Using Multiple Select with Struts

Hi,

I've Googled a bit on this topic and thought I'd toss it out to the
list to see if anybody has a solution to my problem.

I have a .jsp that needs to have four multi-select lists populated by
four HashMaps that sit in the request object.

I can populate things just fine but when it comes time to validate the
form submission things start to break.

I'm assuming I have to make the attributes in the bean a String[] or
similar array but I'd like to be able to check for length == 0 and
other subtle checks with the validate() method before I pass things
onto the Action.

Anybody have a bit of sample code or a link to something easy and
straightforward (!) that I can look at?

Thanks in advance,

Jon