Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by 조주일 <tj...@kgrid.co.kr> on 2014/06/30 07:50:10 UTC

How quickly can I increase the number of replicas?

My cluser version hdfs 2.2 stable ( 2 ha namenodes, 10 datanodes)

I was command bin/hdfs dfs -setrep -R 2 / ( replication 1 to 2 )

I found that HDFS is actually replicating the under replicated blocks but it works very slowly.
HDFS performs the replication about 1 block per second.
I have about 400000 under replicated blocks so it will take about 4 more days.
Is there any way to speed it up?

Re: How quickly can I increase the number of replicas?

Posted by Vikas Srivastava <vi...@apple.com>.
Hey,

You can set the below properties to speed up replication

<property>
  <!-- 100Mbit/s -->
  <name>dfs.balance.bandwidthPerSec</name>
  <value>131072000</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.max-repl-streams</name>