Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Diogo Quintela (EF)" <di...@ef.pt> on 2005/08/03 17:18:42 UTC

[jelly] Jelly Builds

Hello list,
	I am reposting a question made a couple weeks ago without any
answers given.
	I needed that at least a snapshot/date build of commons-jelly (core)
and xml (tags) would get uploaded in ibiblio. I am working on
xdoclet-plugins but I can't commit my changes before I have those jars
available for download. I've read
http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html and I feel they won't accept
my request (for uploading my own made bundle...).
	Is there any jelly developer that could do that, or am I going the
wrong way?

	Thanks
	Diogo Quintela

-----------------------------------
Diogo Bacelar Quintela
EF - Tecnologias de Informação, Lda.
Av. António Serpa, 26 - 4º Dto.
1050-027 Lisboa, Portugal
Tel: (+351) 217 827 800
Fax: (+351) 217 827 830
Email: diogo.quintela@ef.pt
PGP: 0xF51A5AB9

Re: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@gmail.com>.
You're right,

http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository: official releases, mirrored
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/: snapshots and other development
artifacts not released, not mirrored

Regards

Re: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@gmail.com>.
You're right,

Re: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Le 4 août 05, à 12:56, Paul Libbrecht a écrit :

> I'll put jelly and jelly-tags-xml current snapshots and
> http://cvs.apache.org/repository if I manage

Now done (with the version right before Peter's commit).

I am wondering wether our tags's projects (at least) shouldn't
explicitly declare the property that the remote-repository should be
the one at apache then the one at iBiblio.
Or ?

paul

Re: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Le 4 août 05, à 13:34, Brett Porter a écrit :
>> How would a newbie developer, freshly embracing maven and jelly and
>> believing maven and jelly fit together, know that he needs a special
>> repository property in order to get the current jelly-snapshot ?
>
> Yes, I agree we should remove the SNAPSHOT files, but -must- retained
> the timestamped snapshots of Jelly for historical purposes.
>
> If you agree, I can do this.

My +1.

Maybe repost this as a request to other commonners (actually probably
Apache wide).

paul

RE: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by "Diogo Quintela (EF)" <di...@ef.pt>.
Paul et all

http://cvs.apache.org/repository has snapshot and timestamp versions of
jelly, but has only a snapshot version of jelly-xml.
Paul, could you please upload the timestamp version of the build? (Or make a
new one :()

Regards, Diogo

-----------------------------------

Re: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

RE: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by "Diogo Quintela (EF)" <di...@ef.pt>.
> So either we delete the snapshots from there (bad!), or we mirror with
> up-to-date snapshots!
> commons-jelly-SNAPSHOT.jar is even older as commons-jelly-1.0.jar... I
> doubt this is good, or?

The rule of tumb is always to use ibiblio has first source. If those
snapshots get updated into http://cvs.apache.org/repository and the ones at
ibilio stay there, we have to overcome that by switching the repositories
order :( Maybe a snapshot should never gone there, instead a date build...
Now we are stuck I guess. I seems it needs to be refreshed there too, as
deleting will probably break other "client" projects.

Diogo

Re: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
I'll put jelly and jelly-tags-xml current snapshots and
http://cvs.apache.org/repository if I manage but I have a consistency
problem:
there are snapshots at
  http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-jelly/jars/
(and presumably other commons projects).

So either we delete the snapshots from there (bad!), or we mirror with
up-to-date snapshots!
commons-jelly-SNAPSHOT.jar is even older as commons-jelly-1.0.jar... I
doubt this is good, or?

That's probably historical and there's probably an FAQ, still, I find
it really delicate.
How would a newbie developer, freshly embracing maven and jelly and
believing maven and jelly fit together, know that he needs a special
repository property in order to get the current jelly-snapshot ?

thanks

paul

Le 4 août 05, à 11:04, Diogo Quintela (EF) a écrit :

> There are July ones, my mistake. Not enough although.

Début du message réexpédié :

RE: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Snapshots aren't supposed to go into the 'official' apache repostitory
http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository but instead into
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/ , which I don't believe is mirrored
to ibiblio.

Is this right?

On 8/4/05, Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> wrote:
> Releases are good but are scarce (as have seen in jelly!). Snapshots
> are supposed to reflect that approximation of a developer status...
> and, I think, therefore, Diogo wishes to get a snapshot for jelly in
> its current state.
>
> Is there a general policy how and when to do this?
>
> Is there a form of automatic mirrorring from Apache to maven's ibiblio
> repository ?
>
> paul
>

> Le 4 août 05, à 00:13, Dion Gillard a écrit :
>
> > Are the releases not good enough?
> >
> > On 8/4/05, Diogo Quintela (EF) <di...@ef.pt> wrote:
> >> Hello list,
> >>         I am reposting a question made a couple weeks ago without any
> >> answers given.
> >>         I needed that at least a snapshot/date build of commons-jelly
> >> (core)
> >> and xml (tags) would get uploaded in ibiblio. I am working on
> >> xdoclet-plugins but I can't commit my changes before I have those jars
> >> available for download. I've read
> >> http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html and I feel they won't
> >> accept
> >> my request (for uploading my own made bundle...).
> >>         Is there any jelly developer that could do that, or am I
> >> going the
> >> wrong way?
> >>
> >>         Thanks
> >>         Diogo Quintela
> >>
> >> -----------------------------------
> >> Diogo Bacelar Quintela
> >> EF - Tecnologias de Informação, Lda.
> >> Av. António Serpa, 26 - 4º Dto.
> >> 1050-027 Lisboa, Portugal
> >> Tel: (+351) 217 827 800
> >> Fax: (+351) 217 827 830
> >> Email: diogo.quintela@ef.pt
> >> PGP: 0xF51A5AB9

> > --
> > http://www.multitask.com.au/people/dion/
> > "You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your
> > reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George
> > Bernard Shaw

Bernard Shaw

Re: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Snapshots aren't supposed to go into the 'official' apache repostitory
http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository but instead into
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/ , which I don't believe is mirrored
to ibiblio.

Is this right?

On 8/4/05, Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> wrote:
> Releases are good but are scarce (as have seen in jelly!). Snapshots
> are supposed to reflect that approximation of a developer status...
> and, I think, therefore, Diogo wishes to get a snapshot for jelly in
> its current state.
>
> Is there a general policy how and when to do this?
>
> Is there a form of automatic mirrorring from Apache to maven's ibiblio
> repository ?
>
> paul
>

> Le 4 août 05, à 00:13, Dion Gillard a écrit :
>
> > Are the releases not good enough?
> >
> > On 8/4/05, Diogo Quintela (EF) <di...@ef.pt> wrote:
> >> Hello list,
> >>         I am reposting a question made a couple weeks ago without any
> >> answers given.
> >>         I needed that at least a snapshot/date build of commons-jelly
> >> (core)
> >> and xml (tags) would get uploaded in ibiblio. I am working on
> >> xdoclet-plugins but I can't commit my changes before I have those jars
> >> available for download. I've read
> >> http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html and I feel they won't
> >> accept
> >> my request (for uploading my own made bundle...).
> >>         Is there any jelly developer that could do that, or am I
> >> going the
> >> wrong way?
> >>
> >>         Thanks
> >>         Diogo Quintela
> >>
> >> -----------------------------------
> >> Diogo Bacelar Quintela
> >> EF - Tecnologias de Informação, Lda.
> >> Av. António Serpa, 26 - 4º Dto.
> >> 1050-027 Lisboa, Portugal
> >> Tel: (+351) 217 827 800
> >> Fax: (+351) 217 827 830
> >> Email: diogo.quintela@ef.pt
> >> PGP: 0xF51A5AB9

> > --
> > http://www.multitask.com.au/people/dion/
> > "You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your
> > reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George
> > Bernard Shaw

Bernard Shaw

Re: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Snapshots aren't supposed to go into the 'official' apache repostitory
http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository but instead into
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/ , which I don't believe is mirrored
to ibiblio.

Is this right?

On 8/4/05, Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> wrote:
> Releases are good but are scarce (as have seen in jelly!). Snapshots
> are supposed to reflect that approximation of a developer status...
> and, I think, therefore, Diogo wishes to get a snapshot for jelly in
> its current state.
>
> Is there a general policy how and when to do this?
>
> Is there a form of automatic mirrorring from Apache to maven's ibiblio
> repository ?
>
> paul
>

> Le 4 août 05, à 00:13, Dion Gillard a écrit :
>
> > Are the releases not good enough?
> >
> > On 8/4/05, Diogo Quintela (EF) <di...@ef.pt> wrote:
> >> Hello list,
> >>         I am reposting a question made a couple weeks ago without any
> >> answers given.
> >>         I needed that at least a snapshot/date build of commons-jelly
> >> (core)
> >> and xml (tags) would get uploaded in ibiblio. I am working on
> >> xdoclet-plugins but I can't commit my changes before I have those jars
> >> available for download. I've read
> >> http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html and I feel they won't
> >> accept
> >> my request (for uploading my own made bundle...).
> >>         Is there any jelly developer that could do that, or am I
> >> going the
> >> wrong way?
> >>
> >>         Thanks
> >>         Diogo Quintela
> >>
> >> -----------------------------------
> >> Diogo Bacelar Quintela
> >> EF - Tecnologias de Informação, Lda.
> >> Av. António Serpa, 26 - 4º Dto.
> >> 1050-027 Lisboa, Portugal
> >> Tel: (+351) 217 827 800
> >> Fax: (+351) 217 827 830
> >> Email: diogo.quintela@ef.pt
> >> PGP: 0xF51A5AB9

> > --
> > http://www.multitask.com.au/people/dion/
> > "You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your
> > reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George
> > Bernard Shaw

Bernard Shaw

Re: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

RE: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by "Diogo Quintela (EF)" <di...@ef.pt>.
Dion
	They are ok, but I need Paul's commits regarding
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JELLY-213. That includes fixes
regarding xml namespaces and a new xml tag.

	Diogo

-----------------------------------
Diogo Bacelar Quintela
EF - Tecnologias de Informação, Lda.
Av. António Serpa, 26 - 4º Dto.
1050-027 Lisboa, Portugal
Tel: (+351) 217 827 800
Fax: (+351) 217 827 830
Email: diogo.quintela@ef.pt
>         I am reposting a question made a couple weeks ago without any
> answers given.
>         I needed that at least a snapshot/date build of commons-jelly
(core)
> and xml (tags) would get uploaded in ibiblio. I am working on
> xdoclet-plugins but I can't commit my changes before I have those jars
> available for download. I've read
> http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html and I feel they won't
accept
> my request (for uploading my own made bundle...).
>         Is there any jelly developer that could do that, or am I going the
> wrong way?
>
>         Thanks
>         Diogo Quintela
>
> -----------------------------------
> Diogo Bacelar Quintela
> EF - Tecnologias de Informação, Lda.
> Av. António Serpa, 26 - 4º Dto.
> 1050-027 Lisboa, Portugal
> Tel: (+351) 217 827 800
> Fax: (+351) 217 827 830
> Email: diogo.quintela@ef.pt
> PGP: 0xF51A5AB9

Bernard Shaw

Re: [jelly] Jelly Builds

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Are the releases not good enough?

On 8/4/05, Diogo Quintela (EF) <di...@ef.pt> wrote:
> Hello list,
>         I am reposting a question made a couple weeks ago without any
> answers given.
>         I needed that at least a snapshot/date build of commons-jelly (core)
> and xml (tags) would get uploaded in ibiblio. I am working on
> xdoclet-plugins but I can't commit my changes before I have those jars
> available for download. I've read
> http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html and I feel they won't accept
> my request (for uploading my own made bundle...).
>         Is there any jelly developer that could do that, or am I going the
> wrong way?
>
>         Thanks
>         Diogo Quintela

> Diogo Bacelar Quintela