Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by chetan Patil <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/28 11:51:09 UTC

How to make SVN 1.5.4 work with Apache 2.2.11 on windows

Hi,

I have vista machine. I have Apache Http server 2.2.11 installed and use it
along with MySQL and PHP 5. It works well.

I downloaded SVN 1.5.4 binaries from tigris website. When I try to run SVN
with Apache, Apache complains while loading mod_dav_svn.so. Can some one
suggest any alternative for this problem, other than downgrading anyone of
the softwares. If someone has good working mod_dav_svn.so built for Windows
, can you please share it.

Thanks..

Chetan Patil.

Re: How to make SVN 1.5.4 work with Apache 2.2.11 on windows

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Dec 28, 2008, at 05:51, chetan Patil wrote:

> I have vista machine. I have Apache Http server 2.2.11 installed
> and use it along with MySQL and PHP 5. It works well.
>
> I downloaded SVN 1.5.4 binaries from tigris website. When I try to
> run SVN with Apache, Apache complains while loading mod_dav_svn.so.
> Can some one suggest any alternative for this problem, other than
> downgrading anyone of the softwares. If someone has good working
> mod_dav_svn.so built for Windows , can you please share it.

Maybe you got the wrong build of Subversion. Note that there are two
builds of Subversion for Windows hosted on Tigris -- one for Apache
2.2 and one for Apache 2.0.

http://subversion.tigris.org/getting.html#windows

And then there are other builds as well, like the CollabNet one and
VisualSVN. Not sure what Apache version they're for.

Re: How to make SVN 1.5.4 work with Apache 2.2.11 on windows

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 06:51, chetan Patil <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have vista machine. I have Apache Http server 2.2.11 installed and use it
> along with MySQL and PHP 5. It works well.
>
> I downloaded SVN 1.5.4 binaries from tigris website. When I try to run SVN
> with Apache, Apache complains while loading mod_dav_svn.so. Can some one
> suggest any alternative for this problem, other than downgrading anyone of
> the softwares. If someone has good working mod_dav_svn.so built for Windows
> , can you please share it.

It should work fine out of the box. You need to post the error
message(s) you get for people to attempt to help you. Look in Event
Viewer.