Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/02 00:36:50 UTC

[Trinidad] Myfaces/Trinidad application integration with Robohelp - using tr:navigationPane and commandNavigationItem to open help window

Has anyone integrated Robohelp and a Trinidad application? I am having
difficulty opening a browser window containing help pages composed
with Robohelp. The problem is with using a tr:commandNavigationItem
inside a tr:navigationPane to open the new window. Since it seems that
the useWindow attribute is ignored in the tr:commandNavigationItem, I
am using the onclick attribute to execute some javascript to open the
new window (ex: window.open('/webdoes/app/help/webdoes_help.htm', '',
'left=100,top=100,width=1000,height=700'); ).

Although the script is working correctly, I don't know what to have in
the outcome property of my MenuItem bean so that the main browser
window remains on the same page.

What I want to have is a Help link be rendered from a
tr:navigationPane and tr:commandNavigationItem. When the user clicks
on the Help link, a new window should appear with the help page, and
the current browser window should remain the same. What can I put in
the action attribute of a commandNavigationItem so that the browser
remains on the current page?

This is how I have the navigationPane and commandNavigationItem:

    <f:facet name="branding">
    </f:facet>
    <f:facet name="navigationGlobal">
value="#{menuModel.model}"
                      level="0"
                      inlineStyle="padding:0em 0em 0.5em;margin-right: 20px;">
        <f:facet name="nodeStamp">
                              accessKey="#{menuItem.accessKey}"
                              action="#{menuItem.getOutcome}"
                              rendered="#{menuItem.type == 'global'}"
                              onclick="#{menuItem.onClick}"
                              immediate="true"/>
        </f:facet>
    </f:facet>

The class used to represent a menuItem a java bean that is based on
the Oracle ADF SRDemo MenuItem class.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

Re: [Trinidad] Myfaces/Trinidad application integration with Robohelp - using tr:navigationPane and commandNavigationItem to open help window

Posted by Luka Surija <lu...@iytim.hr>.
useWindow is used only for Trinidad Dialog framework.

Luka Surija

+385 1 61 99 140
+385 98 434 061
luka@iytim.hr