Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Diego, Emil" <ed...@exchange.sba.miami.edu> on 2002/07/24 15:52:17 UTC

Setting up a servlet

I am running apache 1.23 with tomcat 3.2.3 on Redhat Linux 7.2.  My problem
is that I am trying to setup a server for a web app i am working on.  I have
reated the servelt class and have it on the server, the problem is that
everythime I submit the form that uses the servlet i get an error telling me
that the URL can not be found.

I have tomcat and apache working together to serv pages.  I setup a seperate
context for this web application.  Here is the entry from the server.xml
file:

	<Context path="/dev_new"
                 docBase="/var/www/html/dev_new"
                 crossContext="false"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" >
        </Context>

What do i need to do now to get the server to recognize the servlet?

Emil
ediego@miami.edu

RE: Setting up a servlet

Posted by Andrew Conrad <an...@msn.com>.
With 4.x you can add a <Loader checkInterval="15" /> element nested
inside your Context.  The default checkInterval is 15

See docs for other Loader options.

- Andrew