Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Rogers, Daniel" <ds...@hp.com> on 2013/04/30 01:51:50 UTC

mismatch between pdf and png

Hi,

I'm trying to produce a web-based renderer for SVG using batik 1.1.  I'd really like PDF output.  However when I render:

http://www.w3schools.com/svg/tryit.asp?filename=trysvg_path2

(after deleting the font="sans-serif" attribute) to png, jpeg and pdf using batik-rasterizer.jar, PDF output is different and clearly NOT matching png, jpeg or browser output.  The blue curve touches the green line in all versions but PDF.  In PDF, the blue curve is below the green line.  Shouldn't these be the same?

I thought it might be a bug in the version of FOP embedded in batik and tried replacing pdf-transcoder.jar, but it started dragging in a bunch of apache Avalon dependencies, and I didn't dig further.

--
Daniel