Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Slack <no...@slack.com> on 2017/07/07 05:17:26 UTC

[Slack] Notifications from the ASF team for July 7th, 2017 at 8:17 AM

Hi ARIA TOSCA,

You have a new direct message from the ASF team
(https://the-asf.slack.com/x-185534614710-209316463653/).

---

@digestai
View in the archives:
https://the-asf.slack.com/x-185534614710-209316463653/archives/D5E4SCANM/p1499403714196093

Digest.AI (8:01 AM, July 7th)
Hi ARIA,
*Here’s your digest for July 7th 2017*
There are 19 messages yesterday, and the most active user is ran

*#ariatosca*
 @maxim: Indeed no git discussion was made, since it was fairly small
PR. However, i agree we should write an approving message on the PR...
 Just saw your module, i think it could be a good idea to utilize it,
but I think we do need to discuss the exceptions catching aspect of the
DaemonThread (which i think is what you meant :wink:)
 @ran: 2) re `ARIA-300` and adding license headers on yaml files - This
was actually shortly discussed on either slack or the mailing list way,
way back, and it was my understanding that non-code files (such as these
yaml files) do not necessarily require a license header.
This is why I added  a `.*.yaml` rule to `.rat-excludes`.
Note that if yaml files do require a header, then there are other types
of yaml files missing it:
a) ARIA CLI configuration file -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca/blob/master/aria/cli/config/config_template.yaml
b) tests yamls, e.g.:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca/blob/master/tests/resources/service-templates/tosca-simple-1.0/node-cellar/inputs.yaml

I think if it's adding a license header to these files is not required,
then we're better off without it, since it's a bit cumbersome for the
CLI configuration file or a one-liner inputs file - But we can
definitely add the license header if you think we should or if I
misunderstood and they are in fact required there.

@smarthi , if you do still want to add them, do you want to add the
license header to the rest of the yaml files as part of this PR as well,
and remove the yaml rule from rat-excludes?
 @ran: 3) Regarding PR process and discussion - Completely agree with
summarizing discussions that take place face-to-face or over phone on
the mailing list - though I do think for the most part we have indeed
made review comments either on Github (which should be copied to the
mailing lists) or over Slack.
Do you think any further steps are required to ensure that the
discussions over PRs are 100% public, e.g. a voting thread on each PR or
so? To be honest I'm not really sure how this is done in other small
incubation projects, so I'm personally open to any suggestions really
 4) Finally, thanks for everyone who voted! And (soon-to-be-)congrats to
all of us :slightly_smiling_face:
 @emblemparade: @johndament i think there is a bigger question of
creating a "manual" of sorts for using aria, which would include
examples in context. right now these are more at a "hello world" level.
also note they are part of the source distribution, not the release.

*Links shared by your team today:*

* * *

You can snooze these notifications for
an hour:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-5a1cb74d28-notify-mute-1h
eight hours:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-796e6535e1-notify-mute-8h
a day:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-4e6e073ada-notify-mute-1d
three days:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-806a2d8aa0-notify-mute-3d
or the next week:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-6adc840c34-notify-mute-7d.

You can also turn email notifications off:
https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5FFQJ2LW-64de78982b-notify.

For more detailed preferences, see your account page:
https://the-asf.slack.com/account.