Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Noam Solomon <no...@socketnet.com> on 2001/04/11 08:56:16 UTC

big problems with GDBM / MLDBM on solaris

hopefully some of you have seen this before and can offer
some advice.   We have a site we've developed on linux
boxes and are now moving it over to a solaris box.  it runs
mod_perl 1.25 / HTML-Mason 2.02 / Stronghold 3 / Perl 5.6.1
and uses GDBM_File for cacheing.  We are getting lots of
these all over the place:

Can't locate object method "TIEHASH" via package "GDBM_File"

It affects all of mason's cacheing as well as some critical routines
we wrote ourselves.

We installed libgdbm (1.8) on the system and it appears to
run from the command line, although i still have my doubts
about whether when we built PERL the dynamic loadable library
paths were correct (we ended up running Configure and make
with "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib" on the command line
to get it working).

Any idea what's up?  Could it just be permission problems?
Should we rebuild perl?  It's pretty urgent, so any ideas would
be greatly appreciated ASAP!

-Noam