Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Brian Smith <un...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/12 17:08:00 UTC

Trinidad replaces ADF Faces?

Will Trinidad replace the ADF Faces component set?  I have heard that Oracle
is using Trinidad builds heavily internally.  Is the plan to desupport ADF
Faces components once Trinidad makes it through incubation?  Is there plans
to support Trinidad (visual designer and such) in an upcoming release of
JDeveloper?  Thanks for any light shed.
-Brian

Re: Trinidad replaces ADF Faces?

Posted by Brian Smith <un...@gmail.com>.
I am a Netbeans user as well.  I really did not have any problems using ADF
Faces with Netbeans 5.5 Beta2 or RC1.  The big sticking point was including
the ADFShare jar in with it.  The ADF Docs say you don't need it, but i
could not build without it.

Posted by "Causevic, Dzenan" <dc...@navisite.com>.
From my experience I think that's exactly the case. That was my conclusion. I first tried ADF Faces and I had problems to install it to work with NetBeans. Actually I discovered a serious bug that prevents ADF Faces v10 from installing with NetBeans v5.5 correctly. It took me a long time until I figured it out, 'cos I did not get any kind of technical support from their discussion list. Nobody knew anything why I was having difficulty installing it with NetBeans. That was very frustrating, so I dont blame if even Oracle people itself are switching to Trinidad.

Posted by Brian Smith <un...@gmail.com>.
So it sounds like the ADF Faces components are not "going away" but there
probably won't be further development in that area now that Trinidad is
around/coming.  So Oracle is taking a build of Trinidad and building on top
of it for a new set of proprietary components?  Sounds good, I am just early
into a project and am trying to sort out whether I should go with ADF Faces
or Trinidad.  Right now it sounds like Trinidad is a safer bet since it
seems to have more a future.
Thanks again,
Brian

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
In some ways ASF is kinda lucky to get this after it's fermented a bit.
:)  Really cool stuff let me tell you...

Scott

Re: Re: Trinidad replaces ADF Faces?

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicklas Karlsson <ni...@gmail.com>.