Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/09/29 04:41:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tez 0.5.1 rc0

Folks,

I have created an Apache Tez 0.5.1 release candidate (rc0).

This is an incremental release that contains an important fix for API
consistency that was missed in 0.5.0 (TEZ-1571). It also adds some new APIs
that are needed to make dynamic partition pruning code in Hive more
efficient (TEZ-1447). Other than this there are improvements to broadcast
data fetch scalability (TEZ-1607) and a host of bug fixes.

GIT source tag:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/tez/repo?p=tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.5.1-rc0

Staging site:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tez/tez-0.5.1-src-rc0

Nexus Staging URL:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1014

PGP release keys:

http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8B25B9B71EFF7770

KEYS file available at

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tez/KEYS

List of issues fixed in the release:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12327474

Also available in CHANGES.txt within the release tar-ball.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours and close on 10/01/2014

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove (with reason)

I begin the vote with my +1.

Thanks

Bikas

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez 0.5.1 rc0

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks folks. This vote is closed now.

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Arun

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 1:42 AM, Rajesh Balamohan <rb...@apache.org>
wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> -verified signatures
> -built src on small cluster
> -tested example programs on small cluster
>

> Other than this there are improvements to broadcast data fetch scalability
> (TEZ-1607)
> >>

> I believe its TEZ-1157 instead of TEZ-1607.
>
> ~Rajesh.B
>

> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >

> > I have created an Apache Tez 0.5.1 release candidate (rc0).
> >

> > This is an incremental release that contains an important fix for API
> > consistency that was missed in 0.5.0 (TEZ-1571). It also adds some new
> APIs
> > that are needed to make dynamic partition pruning code in Hive more
> > efficient (TEZ-1447). Other than this there are improvements to broadcast
> > data fetch scalability (TEZ-1607) and a host of bug fixes.
> >

> > GIT source tag:
> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/tez/repo?p=tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.5.1-rc0
> >

> > Staging site:
> >
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tez/tez-0.5.1-src-rc0
> >

> > Nexus Staging URL:
> >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1014
> >

> > PGP release keys:
> >
> > http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8B25B9B71EFF7770
> >
> > KEYS file available at
> >
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tez/KEYS
> >

> > List of issues fixed in the release:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12327474
> >
> > Also available in CHANGES.txt within the release tar-ball.
> >

> > The vote will be open for at least 72 hours and close on 10/01/2014
> >

> > [ ] +1 approve
> >
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> >
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (with reason)
> >

> > I begin the vote with my +1.
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Bikas
> >
> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

Posted by Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> -verified signatures
> -built src on small cluster
> -tested example programs on small cluster
>

> Other than this there are improvements to broadcast data fetch scalability
> (TEZ-1607)
> >>

> I believe its TEZ-1157 instead of TEZ-1607.
>
> ~Rajesh.B
>

> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >

> > I have created an Apache Tez 0.5.1 release candidate (rc0).
> >

> > This is an incremental release that contains an important fix for API
> > consistency that was missed in 0.5.0 (TEZ-1571). It also adds some new
> APIs
> > that are needed to make dynamic partition pruning code in Hive more
> > efficient (TEZ-1447). Other than this there are improvements to broadcast
> > data fetch scalability (TEZ-1607) and a host of bug fixes.
> >

> > GIT source tag:
> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/tez/repo?p=tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.5.1-rc0
> >

> > Staging site:
> >
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tez/tez-0.5.1-src-rc0
> >

> > Nexus Staging URL:
> >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1014
> >

> > PGP release keys:
> >
> > http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8B25B9B71EFF7770
> >
> > KEYS file available at
> >
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tez/KEYS
> >

> > List of issues fixed in the release:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12327474
> >
> > Also available in CHANGES.txt within the release tar-ball.
> >

> > The vote will be open for at least 72 hours and close on 10/01/2014
> >

> > [ ] +1 approve
> >
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> >
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (with reason)
> >

> > I begin the vote with my +1.