Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by kashif <ka...@unixcraft.com> on 2008/04/16 00:55:26 UTC

JSP Compilation persistence

Hello All,

Just a quick question, we have a application which runs on Geronimo without
any issues currently. However the developer noticed a possible problem with
stopping and starting the app-server, not a show stopper, however we can't
go into production without an answer, what he asked was:

"JSP compilations don't persist, i.e. every time the application stops, the
temp directory seems to be cleared and therefore all the servlet class files
are lost."

what I wanted to know, is  there any way we can tell the app server
(Geronimo) to not delete compiled JSP unless the app in un-deployed or
updated? (or is this planned for a future release).

Regards

Kashif

Checked by AVG.
09:26

Re: JSP Compilation persistence

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
For production is there a reason you wouldn't precompile all the jsps
so they are never compiled at runtime?

thanks
david jencks