Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com> on 2018/05/10 10:32:18 UTC

Let's branch Apache NetBeans 9.0

Hi folks,

    since we only have two remaining 9.0 blockers [1] which are
infrastructure related problems I suggest that we create
releases/release90 branch from master. In order to fix #330 we need to
update branding and test new location of the Update Center so I think
the right time has come. :)

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12343308

Opinions?

Thanks,
-Jirka

Re: Let's branch Apache NetBeans 9.0

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 10 May 2018 at 13:10 Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for branching.
>
> Concerning the var support PR's.. Do we already have a roadmap for the next
> release? If it takes too long to integrate we could just move those fixes
> to the next  (Patch-)Release..?

+1 to branching, and perhaps a more release early, release often roadmap to
keep the momentum up?!  Perhaps even time-based - it seems to be all the
rage at the moment! ;-)

Best wishes,

Neil
--
Neil C Smith
Artist & Technologist

Re: Let's branch Apache NetBeans 9.0

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.
+1 for branching.

Concerning the var support PR's.. Do we already have a roadmap for the next
release? If it takes too long to integrate we could just move those fixes
to the next  (Patch-)Release..?

Sven

Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> schrieb am Do., 10.
Mai 2018, 12:39: