Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org> on 2005/07/09 18:17:15 UTC

PetStore 1.3.2 goes to sandbox

Hi,

Being tired to work on it alone without any clues as to why it keeps
failing I decided to create a mavenized project that helps configuring,
deploying and starting/stoping PetStore configuration. It's the best way
to share its configuration to you all I could think of. I think it is a
way to engage others to work on it, together.

So, check out Geronimo revision 209954, read
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/PetStore and let me know how to proceed.

Jacek

Re: PetStore 1.3.2 goes to sandbox

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
I think I misled you on the key generator configuration, as I didn't
correctly understand the auto-increment generator features.  The current
problem (no such entity) is caused because the auto-increment-table key
generator actually assumes you'll be writing a row to the entity table,
but that's not what's being done in the current Pet Store configuration.
Here's the relavant DDL right now:

CREATE TABLE SEQUENCE_TABLE
(
  ID INTEGER NOT NULL GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY (START WITH 1,
INCREMENT BY 1),
  DUMMY INT
);

CREATE TABLE ADDRESSES
(
  ID INT NOT NULL,
  ZIPCODE VARCHAR(255),
  STATE VARCHAR(255),
  STREETNAME2 VARCHAR(255),
  STREETNAME1 VARCHAR(255),
  COUNTRY VARCHAR(255),
  CITY VARCHAR(255)
);

	Contrary to what any documentation might have said previously, I
don't think that will work with our key generators.  There are two ways to
get it to work:

-- Option 1 --

CREATE TABLE ADDRESSES
(
  ID INTEGER NOT NULL GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY (START WITH 1,
INCREMENT BY 1),
  ZIPCODE VARCHAR(255),
);

      <key-generator xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/pkgen">
        <auto-increment-table>
          <sql>insert into addresses (ZIPCODE) values (null)</sql>
          <return-type>java.lang.Integer</return-type>
        </auto-increment-table>
      </key-generator>

-- Option 2 --

CREATE TABLE PETSTORE_SEQUENCE (
  NAME VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL,
  VALUE INTEGER NOT NULL
);
CREATE TABLE ADDRESSES (...);
INSERT INTO PETSTORE_SEQUENCE VALUES ('ADDRESSES',1);

      <key-generator xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/pkgen">
        <sequence-table>
          <sequence-name>ADDRESSES</sequence-name>
          <batch-size>1</batch-size>
        </sequence-table>
      </key-generator>

Thanks,