Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sjones <sj...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/05 19:54:06 UTC

Re: How to repopulate Form which has html elements with samename

Repopulating Fields.

I keep hearing that this is a freebie in struts but i have note seen it work
on
my app yet.  i just stuff what i want to repopulate with in the session (for
now).

It would be nice if someone could post what "setup write"  IS.  so we can
check
if we have something set up "WRONG".

After all,  WSAD 5 came with struts preloaded so how can it be setup wrong?

Posted by Kevin Robair <kr...@yahoo.com>.
Repopulation IS a freebie. The examples that come with
struts are right (generally). The first thing to do is
understand every tag in the examples'
struts-config.xml. Easier said than done, but maybe
this will help:
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg01060.html

In any case, you do not need to 'rebuild' a form,
simply forward back to the .jsp page where the error
happened. If the 'input' parameter of the <action> is
set, this should happen automatically if validation is
on.

-Kevin