Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Kasun Gajasinghe <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/09 17:01:42 UTC

Memory leak in Axis2 webapp deployed under Tomcat?

Hello devs,
I've deployed Axis2 under Apache Tomcat and ran a client to access a service
deployed in Axis2. All went fine, but when I shutdown the tomcat server, it
shows some errors about possible memory leaks. This is because some objects
(I saw HashMap is there ) are not removed when the webapp stopped.

I'm currently working on to improve the performance of Axis2/Axiom. I think
this would be a cause for under performance of Axis2. Can someone please go
through the log suggest possible solutions for it? One log entry is shown
below. I saw same message repeating over and over again. (That is may be
because one log entry for each request from client, so one object per
request!!)  If we can eliminate this, we can improve the performance
further.
The following pastebin shows the full log messages that got printed when I
stop Tomcat Server.

http://pastebin.com/RyNLv84r

Jul 9, 2010 7:33:15 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
>> clearThreadLocalMap
>
> SEVERE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type
>> [org.apache.xml.security.algorithms.SignatureAlgorithm$3] (value
>> [org.apache.xml.security.algorithms.SignatureAlgorithm$3@72d4e5]) and a
>> value of type [java.util.HashMap] (value [{
>> http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1=RSA Private CRT Key
>
>             modulus: XXXXXXXXX71eda39a6fd8abd90XXXXXXXXXXXXx8f
>
>     public exponent: 19999
>
>    private exponent: b0f84be403382090 1
>
>              primeP: eXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXd
>
>              primeQ: uXXXXXXXXXXXXX6b
>
>      primeExponentP: 9XXXXXXXXXX5
>
>      primeExponentQ: 6XXXXXXXXXXXX8
>
>      crtCoefficient: 1XXXXXXXXXX7
>
> }]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To
>> prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
--KasunBG
<http://pastebin.com/RyNLv84r>