Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Santiago Miguel Aranda Rojas <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/23 20:11:53 UTC

Re: Fwd: @XmlTransient

I want to use Annotation @XmlTransient in order to filter an attribute of one class in the client response. I mean my web service is going to return a "Employee" but I dont want return its "department" attribute. Because it is neccesary in order to avoid cyclic references. Have you check if I can use these annotations using tuscany.

https://jaxb.dev.java.net/guide/Mapping_cyclic_references_to_XML.html
class Department {
  String name;
  List<Employee> employees;
}

class Employee {
  @XmlTransient
  Department department;  // parent pointer
  String name;

  public void afterUnmarshal(Unmarshaller u, Object parent) {
    this.department = (Department)parent;
  }
}

Re: Fwd: @XmlTransient