Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> on 2020/01/31 03:40:04 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Guacamole 1.1.0

The Apache Guacamole community is proud to announce the release of Apache
Guacamole 1.1.0.

Apache Guacamole is a clientless remote desktop gateway which supports standard
protocols like VNC, RDP, and SSH. We call it "clientless" because no plugins or
client software are required; once Guacamole is installed on a server, all you
need to access your desktops is a web browser.

The 1.1.0 release features support for dynamic image quality and for
connecting directly to the terminals of Kubernetes pods. Issues with
user group support discovered following the 1.0.0 release have been
fixed, issues with LDAP support have been resolved through migrating
to the Apache Directory API, and issues with RDP support have been
resolved through migrating to FreeRDP 2.0.0.

A full list of the changes in this release, along with links to downloads
and updated documentation, can be found in the release notes:

http://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.1.0/

For more information on Apache Guacamole, please see:

http://guacamole.apache.org/

Thanks!

The Apache Guacamole Community

Re: Install process for Apache Guacamole 1.1.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.3 server

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 5:54 AM David Barber <md...@aol.com.invalid> wrote:

> Nice job there ivanmarcus,
>
>   can i just ask is there a reason you are still favouring tomcat 8 over
> 9? (9 is quite mature now?)

From the project perspective, it just needs a JIRA issue, some testing to
make sure nothing breaks, and a pull request.  Personally I am not opposed
to moving the Docker image up to Tomcat 9, I just want to have people
validate that it works without any adverse effects, first.

-Nick

Re: Install process for Apache Guacamole 1.1.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.3 server

Posted by ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi David,

No particular reason, other perhaps than that I'm fairly [very]
conservative and had no issues with Tomcat 8.

However I've just spun up a new VM and installed Guacamole+Tomcat 9, and
am writing this via that installation now. It should have some more
testing I suppose but at this stage it appears to be working fine.

I did nothing more than replace '8' with '9' in the list, but for
completeness and to save anyone else the need!:

---

su
apt-get install build-essential libcairo2-dev libjpeg-turbo8-dev
libpng-dev libtool-bin libossp-uuid-dev libavcodec-dev libavutil-dev
libswscale-dev freerdp2-dev libpango1.0-dev libssh2-1-dev libtelnet-dev
libvncserver-dev libwebsockets-dev libpulse-dev libssl-dev libvorbis-dev
libwebp-dev
apt-get install tomcat9 tomcat9-admin tomcat9-common tomcat9-user
cd /tmp
wget
https://www.apache.org/dist/guacamole/1.1.0/source/guacamole-server-1.1.0.tar.gz
tar -zxvf guacamole-server-1.1.0.tar.gz
cd guacamole-server-1.1.0
./configure --with-init-dir=/etc/init.d
make
make install
ldconfig
wget https://www.apache.org/dist/guacamole/1.1.0/binary/guacamole-1.1.0.war
mkdir /etc/guacamole
cp guacamole-1.1.0.war /etc/guacamole/guacamole.war
ln -s /etc/guacamole/guacamole.war /var/lib/tomcat9/webapps/
systemctl restart tomcat9
systemctl enable guacd
systemctl start guacd

# Above this line should work in standard auth mode, below is detail for
MySQL auth

su
cd /tmp
apt-get install mysql-server
apt-get install libmysql-java
wget
https://www.apache.org/dist/guacamole/1.1.0/binary/guacamole-auth-jdbc-1.1.0.tar.gz
tar -zxvf guacamole-auth-jdbc-1.1.0.tar.gz
mkdir /etc/guacamole/extensions
mkdir /etc/guacamole/lib
cp guacamole-auth-jdbc-1.1.0/mysql/guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.1.0.jar
/etc/guacamole/extensions/
nano /etc/guacamole/guacamole.properties

mysql-hostname: localhost
mysql-port: 3306
mysql-database: guacamole_db
mysql-username: guacamole_user
mysql-password:
(ctrl-x then y)

mysql -u root -p

create database guacamole_db;
create user 'guacamole_user'@'localhost' identified by '';
grant select,insert,update,delete on guacamole_db.* to
'guacamole_user'@'localhost';
flush privileges;
quit

cat guacamole-auth-jdbc-1.1.0/mysql/schema/*.sql | mysql -u root -p
guacamole_db
ln -s /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar /etc/guacamole/lib/
systemctl restart guacd
systemctl restart tomcat9.service

Go to http://<ip-address>:8080/guacamole
Default login guacadmin:guacadmin

Posted by David Barber <md...@aol.com.INVALID>.
Nice job there ivanmarcus,

--
Regards
David Barber

Install process for Apache Guacamole 1.1.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.3 server

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Guacamole 1.1.0

Posted by Tushar Jain <tu...@hitachi.mgrmnet.com>.
Okay. Will do. Thanks again.

--
**Disclaimer:* This message and any attachment may contain confidential,
proprietary information and is intended only for the individual named. If
you are not the original intended recipient and have erroneously received
this message, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Hitachi MGRM Net
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete, or contain viruses. Hitachi MGRM Net therefore does not
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is
required, please request a hard-copy version. Hitachi MGRM Net Ltd, C -
6/5, Safdarjung Development Area, New Delhi - 110016, India*
*
*
*'Please
consider the environment before printing this e-mail'.*

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Guacamole 1.1.0

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tushar Jain <tu...@hitachi.mgrmnet.com>.
Thanks for the info.

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks For inform

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 at 09:10, Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> wrote:

> The Apache Guacamole community is proud to announce the release of Apache
> Guacamole 1.1.0.
>
> Apache Guacamole is a clientless remote desktop gateway which supports
> standard
> protocols like VNC, RDP, and SSH. We call it "clientless" because no
> plugins or
> client software are required; once Guacamole is installed on a server, all
> you
> need to access your desktops is a web browser.
>
> The 1.1.0 release features support for dynamic image quality and for
> connecting directly to the terminals of Kubernetes pods. Issues with
> user group support discovered following the 1.0.0 release have been
> fixed, issues with LDAP support have been resolved through migrating
> to the Apache Directory API, and issues with RDP support have been
> resolved through migrating to FreeRDP 2.0.0.
>
> A full list of the changes in this release, along with links to downloads
> and updated documentation, can be found in the release notes:
>
> http://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.1.0/
>
> For more information on Apache Guacamole, please see:
>
> http://guacamole.apache.org/
>
> Thanks!
>
> The Apache Guacamole Community

Thanks & Regards,