Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ramo Karahasan <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2012/03/12 09:12:49 UTC

Performance (responsetime) on request

Hi,

i've got two virtual machines in the same subnet at the same
hostingprovider. On one machine my webapplication is running, on the second
a solr instance. In solr I use the following

<fieldType name="text_auto" class="solr.TextField">

<analyzer type="index">

<!--<tokenizer class="solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory"/>-->

<filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="2" maxGramSize="25"
/>

<!--<filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="1"
maxGramSize="25" />-->

</analyzer>

<analyzer type="query">

<!--<tokenizer class="solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory" />-->

<filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="2" maxGramSize="25"
/>

</analyzer>

</fieldType>

<fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">

<analyzer>

  <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="1"
catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>

</analyzer>

</fieldType>

If I search from my webapplication in my autosuggest box, I get response
times of ~500ms per request. Is it possible to "tune" solr, so that I get
faster results?

I have no special cache configuration, nor I don't know what to configure
here.

Thanks,

Ramo

Re: Performance (responsetime) on request

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
This page should help you:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCaching

-- Dmitry

AW: Performance (responsetime) on request

Posted by Ramo Karahasan <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Ramo Karahasan < ramo.karahasan@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> i've got two virtual machines in the same subnet at the same
> hostingprovider. On one machine my webapplication is running, on the
> second a solr instance. In solr I use the following
>

> <fieldType name="text_auto" class="solr.TextField">
>
> <analyzer type="index">
>
> <!--<tokenizer class="solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory"/>-->
>
> <tokenizer class="solr.StandardTokenizerFactory"/>
>
> <filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="2"
> maxGramSize="25"
> />
>

> <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>
> <!--<filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="1"
> maxGramSize="25" />-->
>
> </analyzer>
>
> <analyzer type="query">
>
> <!--<tokenizer class="solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory" />-->
>
> <tokenizer class="solr.StandardTokenizerFactory"/>
>
> <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>
> <filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="2"
> maxGramSize="25"
> />
>
> </analyzer>
>
> </fieldType>
>

> <fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField"
> positionIncrementGap="100">
>
> <analyzer>
>
>  <tokenizer class="solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory"/>
>
>  <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
> generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="1"
> catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
>
>  <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>
> </analyzer>
>
> </fieldType>
>

> If I search from my webapplication in my autosuggest box, I get
> response times of ~500ms per request. Is it possible to "tune" solr,
> so that I get faster results?
>
> I have no special cache configuration, nor I don't know what to
> configure here.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ramo

Dmitry Kan

Re: Performance (responsetime) on request

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
If you look at solr admin page / statistics of cache, you could check the
evictions of different types of cache. If some of them are larger than
zero, try minimizing them by increasing the corresponding cache params in
the solrconfig.xml.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Ramo Karahasan <
ramo.karahasan@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> i've got two virtual machines in the same subnet at the same
> hostingprovider. On one machine my webapplication is running, on the second
> a solr instance. In solr I use the following
>

> <fieldType name="text_auto" class="solr.TextField">
>
> <analyzer type="index">
>
> <!--<tokenizer class="solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory"/>-->
>
> <tokenizer class="solr.StandardTokenizerFactory"/>
>
> <filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="2"
> maxGramSize="25"
> />
>

> <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>
> <!--<filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="1"
> maxGramSize="25" />-->
>
> </analyzer>
>
> <analyzer type="query">
>
> <!--<tokenizer class="solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory" />-->
>
> <tokenizer class="solr.StandardTokenizerFactory"/>
>
> <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>
> <filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="2"
> maxGramSize="25"
> />
>
> </analyzer>
>
> </fieldType>
>

> <fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
>
> <analyzer>
>
>  <tokenizer class="solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory"/>
>
>  <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
> generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="1"
> catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
>
>  <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>
> </analyzer>
>
> </fieldType>
>

> If I search from my webapplication in my autosuggest box, I get response
> times of ~500ms per request. Is it possible to "tune" solr, so that I get
> faster results?
>
> I have no special cache configuration, nor I don't know what to configure
> here.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ramo

Dmitry Kan