Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Arunabha Ghosh <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/02 04:49:27 UTC

Problem using cgroups/mem isolator

Hi,
     I'm trying to use the cgroups memory isolator, but after setting
--isolation to 'cgroups/cpu,cgroups/mem' I'm getting the following error in
the logs

mesos-slave[12416]: Failed to create a containerizer: Could not create
MesosContainerizer: Could not create isolator cgroups/mem:
'memory.memsw.limit_in_bytes' is not available

The cgroups cpu isolator seems to be working as setting --isolation to
'cgroups/cpu.posix/mem' works fine.

Has anyone run into this before ? Any help debugging this is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Arunabha

Re: Problem using cgroups/mem isolator

Posted by Ian Downes <id...@twitter.com>.
The link from Tim suggests that not all kernels enable this. Could you
please file a bug report and we'll improve the handling of this in Mesos.

ian

Posted by CCAAT <cc...@tampabay.rr.com>.

Posted by Tim Chen <ti...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Arunabha,

Posted by Dario Rexin <da...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Arunabha,

you may need to enable memory isolation in the kernel. You can do that by adding cgroup_enable=memory to your kernel boot options.

Cheers,
Dario