Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Markus Pohle <ap...@webunity.de> on 2007/03/23 16:24:15 UTC

Apache DS on AIX 5.3 on Power5

Hi there,

I tried to run Apache DS on AIX 5.3 TL5 on Power5 Architectur - but
with no success. I read this thread "Startup without binary" from
Juergen Weber from Feb, 06, 2007 what made me think of building Apache
DS from Source on my Windows XP system and then use this version and
work with the jar files without the platform depending daemon files. I
need to do this on Windows because on the AIX 5.3 TL5 machine I do not
have svn nor internet access nor any other development resources. Only
an IBM JDK in version 1.4.2 and 1.5. So, what I did is the following:

checked out from SVN with the following command:
svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/branches/1.0-with-dependencies/
apacheds-10-trunks
cd to apacheds-10-trunks and did a "mvn install" - result was "build
successful"
then went to server-installers and did a "mvn install" - result was an error
I do get this error messages:
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:site': Unable
to find the mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:site' in the
plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin'
org/apache/maven/doxia/module/xhtml/decoration/render/RenderingContext
[INFO]

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:site': Unable
to find the mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:site' in the
plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin'
org/apache/maven/doxia/module/xhtml/decoration/render/RenderingContext
[INFO]

Java Version: java version "1.5.0_10"
Maven Version: Maven version: 2.0.5
CLASSPATH=.;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\db2java.zip;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\db2jcc.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\db2jcc_license_cu.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\common.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\sqlj.zip
JAVA_BIN=C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.5.0_10\bin
JAVA_HOME=C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.5.0_10
Path=C:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Programme\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Programme\php-4.3.9;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\FUNCTION;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\SAMPLES\REPL;C:\Programme\Gemeinsame
Dateien\GTK\2.0\bin;C:\Programme\Rational\ClearCase\bin;C:\Programme\Rational\common;C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.5.0_10\bin;C:\Programme\svn-win32-1.4.3\bin;C:\Python24;C:\Python24\DLLs;C:\Programme\GNU\GnuPG;D:\_Developer\Maven\maven-2.0.5\bin

Anyone any idea why this happened?

Did anyone ever build Apache DS to run on AIX 5.3 on Power5 plattform?

Greetings
Markus

Re: Apache DS on AIX 5.3 on Power5

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Hi Markus,

Looks like the maven plugin for building installers bombed out on you.  This
makes sense since
it probably did not recognize the OS.

snip ...

then went to server-installers and did a "mvn install" - result was an error
I do get this error messages:

[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:site': Unable
to find the mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:site' in the
plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin'
org/apache/maven/doxia/module/xhtml/decoration/render/RenderingContext
[INFO]

This is just a bunch of maven garbage due to dependencies.

Anyone any idea why this happened?

Yeah maven bombed but it's error message is not clear.  Bottom line is you
are on a machine that does not support the native daemons we have to the
server installer maven plugin may be barfing because of this.  This however
is not hard to add.

Did anyone ever build Apache DS to run on AIX 5.3 on Power5 plattform?

Nope but you can help us here.  Do us a favor and checkout and build the
following on your AIX machine:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/daemon/trunk/src/native/unix/

Once you have the aix binary for jsvc attach it to a JIRA issue.  I will
then add this to the installer builder so you can build installer for AIX.
Cool?

Alex

Re: Apache DS on AIX 5.3 on Power5

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Hi Markus,

On 3/28/07, Markus Pohle <ma...@webunity.de> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> thx for your reply. Your hint with commenting out the svnBaseUrl tag
> was absolutely the correct solution.

Excellent!  Glad to hear it worked out.

According to this thread subject: I am working on getting a developer
> machine based on AIX 5.3 on Power5 64bit with gnu-tools, make,
> autoconf etc. If possible I will build, as mentioned by you earlier,
> the AIX specific daemon binary.

This is great. Once you have the binary for jsvc I can add it to our
installer plugin so it can generate the appropriate installer jar.

Regards,
Alex

Posted by Markus Pohle <ma...@webunity.de>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Hi Markus,

Posted by Markus Pohle <ap...@webunity.de>.
Hi there,

I am very sorry but still the same error message... commenting out
like seen below did not solve the problem... any other idea why this
happens?

Alex Karasulu wrote: "Looks like the maven plugin for building
installers bombed out on you.  This makes sense since it probably did
not recognize the OS."
Well, I am not sure why this should happen, 'cause I am on a Windows
XP SP2 system, which should berecognized correctly, shouldn't it?

If anybody knows a solution, would be very appreciated..

TIA
Markus

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

--