Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au> on 2004/08/16 15:12:30 UTC

Status rpeort - Project Issues

Hi all,

Every quarter I write a status report for the Apache Software Foundation
  on how the Ant project is going. I wrote this quarter's report by
reflecting on things that I had seen going on in the last few months. I
realized there are two issues which we need to deal with, although
nothing urgent. I'd like to share those with the Ant-dev community.

1. Nightly builds

We have not had nightly builds for almost a year due to changes in the
Gump project. Whilst Gump builds are coming on stream soon, we need to
decide on whether to adopt these as Ant's nightly builds.

2. CVS branches.

Our practice for quite a while is to maintain two branches for
development - CVS Head and the current release branch. We have recently
had a few cases where fixes have not made it from one branch to the
other. I'd like to consider if there are better ways to do this or, if
not, if the management of the current strategy can be improved.

Conor