Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by ca...@et.gatech.edu on 2009/10/20 14:34:13 UTC

JSP Compilation

I have managed to get the ActiveMQ web console wedged into OSGi/Sling but can't get the JSPs to compile.  When I access index.jsp of the webapp, I get back the source to the page.  Is there something I need to enable to get this to work?

I tried using pax-web-jsp but that gives a ClassCastException as Jasper tries to use an internal class but gets a Sling class (PageContextImpl:922).  It does however compile the pages.

Re: JSP Compilation

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 1:34 PM,  <ca...@et.gatech.edu> wrote:
> I have managed to get the ActiveMQ web console wedged into OSGi/Sling but can't get the JSPs to compile.  When I access index.jsp of the webapp, I get back the source to the page.  Is there something I need to enable to get this to work?

What's the exact failure scenario?

Accessing a jsp page directly from Sling returns the JSP source code,
by design. To execute the JSP, you need a resource type that points to
it. Or use the FAQ trick at
http://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/faq.html#FAQ-Howtoexecutescriptsdirectly%253F

-Bertrand