Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Trollinger <ja...@trollingers.com> on 2003/01/27 20:53:40 UTC

Having problems with endorsed directories working in Tomcat 4.1.18

I have changed the parser in the endorsed directory but tomcat does not
seem to see the changes.

When I compile using ant (and the endorsed directory in
jre/lib/endorsed) all works as expected.

Any help?

Thanks,

John

Re: Having problems with endorsed directories working in Tomcat 4.1.18

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hello John,

So, you are saying that you put your new parser in jee/lib/endorsed
and expect Tomcat to pick that up like Ant did?  Note that Tomcat also
has an endorsed directory in CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed.  Jars in
that directory will override not only the regular JDK libraries but
also those libraries that were put in jre/lib/endorsed.  Think of it
as simply higher specificity.  An endorsed directory specified by
Tomcat will override the more general endorsed directory specified for
the whole Java system.

Jake

JT> I have changed the parser in the endorsed directory but tomcat does not
JT> seem to see the changes.

JT> When I compile using ant (and the endorsed directory in
JT> jre/lib/endorsed) all works as expected.

JT> Any help?

JT> Thanks,

JT> John

JT> --