Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by th...@ascentialsoftware.com on 2002/11/01 04:18:21 UTC

xsd:dateTime, xsd:date and wsdl2java

Something that I am not sure to understand.
I have a WSDL file defining an rpc, SOAP encoded operation.
One of the input argument is taking a complex type which has a field
declared in the schema as xsd:date.
WSDL2Java generates a Java class and java.util.Date is used for the xsd:date
field.
But when running the client code, in the generated SOAP body, xsd:dateTime
is used for the xsi:type attribute of this field.
I understand that this is coming from the jaxrpc spec which says that
java.util.Date is mapped to xsd:dateTime, but then WSDL2Java should not
generate a java.util.Date for an xsd:date. May be something like an
org.apache.types.Date (like it is done for xsd:time) would be better, no?
I am using Axis 1.0-RC1, I did not check if the problem is the same with
Axis 1.0.

Thomas