Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by someword <de...@jivesoftware.com> on 2013/07/17 19:24:51 UTC

only 1 policyEntry being honored

Hello.
I'm using activemq 5.7 and have a situation where I'm trying to define two
different queue policyEntry policies.   Only the policyEntry associated with
">" is working.  I'm pretty new to activemq and have not been able to figure
out how to get both policyEntry policies working.  I figure my wild card
policyEntry is not formatted properly but cannot it to work.

The policyMap looks like this.  It's the policyEntry 'queue="*.reply.>"'
that is not working.  The queue names that I'm trying to match are like this
global.reply.somehost.some.domain.name.com_5266.  I've tried changing the
order of the policyEntry definitions and fiddling with the queue name to no
avail.   If I remove the policyEntry for 'queue=">"' then all is good in Oz
and my inactive destinations get culled.

    <broker xmlns=&quot;http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core&quot;
brokerName=&quot;&lt;%= fqdn
 %>" useJmx="true" schedulePeriodForDestinationPurge="60000">
        <destinationPolicy>
          <policyMap>
            <policyEntries>
              <policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="false"/>
              <policyEntry queue="*.reply.>" gcInactiveDestinations="true"
inactiveTimoutBeforeGC="300000" />
              <policyEntry queue=">">

                <deadLetterStrategy>
                  <sharedDeadLetterStrategy processExpired="false" />
                </deadLetterStrategy>
              </policyEntry>
            </policyEntries>
          </policyMap>