Posted to dev@singa.apache.org by Moaz Reyad <mo...@apache.org> on 2018/06/15 01:51:15 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache SINGA (incubating) 1.2.0 released

We are pleased to announce that SINGA (incubating) 1.2.0 is released.

SINGA is a general distributed deep learning platform for training big deep
learning models over large datasets. It is designed with an intuitive
programming model based on the layer abstraction. SINGA supports a wide
variety of popular deep learning models.

The release is available at:
http://singa.apache.org/en/downloads.html

The main features of this release include:

-    Implement autograd (currently support MLP model)
-    Upgrade PySinga to support Python 3
-    Improve the Tensor class with the stride field
-    Upgrade cuDNN from V5 to V7
-    Add VGG, Inception V4, ResNet, and DenseNet for ImageNet classification
-    Create alias for conda packages
-    Complete documentation in Chinese
-    Add instructions for running SINGA on Windows
-    Update the compilation, CI

We look forward to hearing your feedback, suggestions and contributions to
the project.

On behalf of the SINGA team,
Moaz Reyad

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache SINGA (incubating) 1.2.0 released

Posted by Moaz Reyad <mo...@apache.org>.
Dear sebb,

The issues are fixed.

Thank you,
Moaz

Posted by Moaz Reyad <mo...@apache.org>.
Dear sebb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Moaz Reyad <mo...@gmail.com>.
Dear Craig and sebb,

Posted by Moaz Reyad <mo...@gmail.com>.
Dear Craig and sebb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Dear Singa project,

Please update your download page to add links to the ASC signature files for each of the artifacts.

Regards,

Craig

> On Jun 14, 2018, at 6:51 PM, Moaz Reyad <mo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> We are pleased to announce that SINGA (incubating) 1.2.0 is released.
>
> SINGA is a general distributed deep learning platform for training big deep
> learning models over large datasets. It is designed with an intuitive
> programming model based on the layer abstraction. SINGA supports a wide
> variety of popular deep learning models.
>
> The release is available at:
> http://singa.apache.org/en/downloads.html
>
> The main features of this release include:
>
> -    Implement autograd (currently support MLP model)
> -    Upgrade PySinga to support Python 3
> -    Improve the Tensor class with the stride field
> -    Upgrade cuDNN from V5 to V7
> -    Add VGG, Inception V4, ResNet, and DenseNet for ImageNet classification
> -    Create alias for conda packages
> -    Complete documentation in Chinese
> -    Add instructions for running SINGA on Windows
> -    Update the compilation, CI
>
> We look forward to hearing your feedback, suggestions and contributions to
> the project.
>
> On behalf of the SINGA team,
> Moaz Reyad

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache SINGA (incubating) 1.2.0 released

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Dear Singa project,

Please update your download page to add links to the ASC signature files for each of the artifacts.

Regards,

Craig

> On Jun 14, 2018, at 6:51 PM, Moaz Reyad <mo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> We are pleased to announce that SINGA (incubating) 1.2.0 is released.
>
> SINGA is a general distributed deep learning platform for training big deep
> learning models over large datasets. It is designed with an intuitive
> programming model based on the layer abstraction. SINGA supports a wide
> variety of popular deep learning models.
>
> The release is available at:
> http://singa.apache.org/en/downloads.html
>
> The main features of this release include:
>
> -    Implement autograd (currently support MLP model)
> -    Upgrade PySinga to support Python 3
> -    Improve the Tensor class with the stride field
> -    Upgrade cuDNN from V5 to V7
> -    Add VGG, Inception V4, ResNet, and DenseNet for ImageNet classification
> -    Create alias for conda packages
> -    Complete documentation in Chinese
> -    Add instructions for running SINGA on Windows
> -    Update the compilation, CI
>
> We look forward to hearing your feedback, suggestions and contributions to
> the project.
>
> On behalf of the SINGA team,
> Moaz Reyad

Craig L Russell