Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org> on 2022/02/03 03:53:57 UTC

Apache ShardingSphere ASF Board Report draft

Hi team,

This is the draft of Apache ShardingSphere ASF Board Report, please revise
me if something missing. I will submit the report on Feb 7th.

The mission of Apache ShardingSphere is the creation and maintenance of
software related to a database clustering system providing data sharding,
distributed transactions, and distributed database management

## Issues:
No. There is no related issue about Apache ShardingSphere.

## Membership Data:
Apache ShardingSphere was founded 2020-04-15 (2 years ago)
There are currently 38 committers and 16 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Haoran Meng on 2021-10-18.
- Chengxiang Lan was added as committer on 2022-01-19
- Thanoshan MV was added as committer on 2021-11-17
- Guocheng Tang was added as committer on 2022-01-25
- Xiao Yang was added as committer on 2022-01-19

## Project Activity:
Software development activity:
  - Released Apache ShardingSphere 5.0.0.
  - Voting for Apache ShardingSphere 5.1.0 release.

Meetups and Conferences:

Attended the following conferences to give talks on Apache ShardingSphere:
 - Apache ShardingSphere Dev Meetup on Dec 10th 2021;
 - Apache ShardingSphere, SkyWalking and APISIX co-meetup on Jan 15th 2022;

## Community Health:
The overall community health is good.
More meetups have absorbed more contributors to build up community together.

------------------

Sincerely,
Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere

Re: Apache ShardingSphere ASF Board Report draft

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Update below:
I will send the report soon.
---------------

Apache ShardingSphere’s mission is the creation a
nd maintenance of database clustering system software providing
data sharding, distributed transactions,
and distributed database management.

## Issues:
None. There are no Apache ShardingSphere related issues.

## Membership Data:
Apache ShardingSphere was founded 2020-04-15 (2 years ago)
There are currently 38 committers and 16 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Haoran Meng on 2021-10-18.
- Chengxiang Lan was added as committer on 2022-01-19
- Thanoshan MV was added as committer on 2021-11-17
- Guocheng Tang was added as committer on 2022-01-25
- Xiao Yang was added as committer on 2022-01-19

## Project Activity:
Software development activity:
  - Released Apache ShardingSphere 5.0.0.
  - Voting for Apache ShardingSphere 5.1.0 release.
  - Released ElasticJob UI 3.0.1.

Meetups and Conferences:

Attended the following conferences to give talks on Apache ShardingSphere:
- Apache ShardingSphere Dev Meetup on December 11, 2021.
- PGConf Asia, to deliver two talks on “Empowering PGSQL” and
“Building a Distributed Database with PGSQL” on December 14-17, 2021.
- Apache ShardingSphere, Apache SkyWalking and Apache APISIX
co-meetup on January 15, 2022.
- Apache ShardingSphere and Silicon Valley Tech Club
meetup on January 21, 2022.
- FOSDEM 2022 on February 6, 2022. Gave a talk titled
“PostgreSQL Distributed & Secure Database Ecosystem Building”.

## Community Health:
The overall community health is good.
More meetups, conference participations, podcast participations
and blog articles have allowed us to attract more contributors
to enhance our community building efforts and speed.

Sincerely,
Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere

zhangliang@apache.org <zh...@apache.org> 于2022年2月3日周四 11:53写道: