Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Yiming Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/18 14:50:39 UTC

Suggest adding beeline params configuration into default kylin.property

Hi Kylin devs:

As the traditional Hive CLI has been deprecated for a long time, and more
and more users are using beeline as default Hive client, I suggest putting
more beeline configuration examples into the default kylin.properties.
Currently, no example is present there. So it's not easy for new users.

Two items are needed if enable Beeline:

# Hive client, cli(default) or beeline

*# kylin.hive.cli = beeline*

# Parameters for beeline client

*# kylin.hive.beeline.params=-n root --hiveconf
hive.security.authorization.sqlstd.confwhitelist.append='mapreduce.job.*|dfs.*'
-u 'jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000' *

--
With Warm regards

Yiming Liu (刘一鸣)

Re: Suggest adding beeline params configuration into default kylin.property

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Best Regards!

Luke Han