Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2009/01/30 11:58:38 UTC

[ShortListing] Qpid Slogan

I've compiled the list of 53 suggestions we have had so far, if I've
missed one out then let me know asap.

So taking Carl's suggestion everyone gets 10 points:

Allocate them as you feel free so if you absolutely positively must
have that slogan you can give it 10.

Once we have a Top 10 then we can decide if we want to:
a) Vote on a winner takes all
b) Take the top n for use.
c) Reopen the suggestions.

Really I'm hoping for an a) or b) but there you go.

Apache Qpid, AMQP Enterprise Messaging
Apache Qpid: Fast, Reliable, AMQP Messaging
Apache Qpid: Advanced Messaging, Quick, Purposeful
Apache Qpid, AMQP Enterprise Messaging that just works.
Apache Qpid, Enterprise Messaging through AMQP
Apache Qpid, AMQP Enterprise Messaging
Apache Qpid: Messaging for the AMQP Generation
Start AMQP Messaging with Apache Qpid
Apache Qpid: Standardised Messaging with AMQP
Got Messaging? Think AMQP. Think Apache Qpid.
Apache Qpid, messaging with added AMQP
Fall in love with messaging. Stay safe with Apache Qpid and AMQP.
Tell someone you love them. Give them the message with Apache Qpid and AMQP.
Fall in love with messaging for the first time. Apache Qpid: Open
Standard Messaging with AMQP
Apache Qpid: Qpid is as Qpid does.
Apache Qpid: No pants. No shirts. Just middleware.
I'm with Qpid
Apache Qpid; Whizz Bang Messaging
Apache Qpid: Send a Message!
Apache Qpid: Messaging from the heart.
Apache Qpid: We <3 messaging.
Apache Qpid: Message for you, Sir!
Qpid, Message and be damned
Qpid, Fire and forget
Qpid Messaging: When it Absolutely, Positively Has to Be There in Two
Milliseconds.
Qpid: Messaging for a New Generation
Qpid Messaging: Born to be Queued.
Qpid: Messaging wants to be free.
Qpid:  Message like you mean it.
Qpid - no bollocks, just messages
AMQP?: I'm with Qpid!
AMQP?: I love Qpid!
Qpid loves AMQP
Qpid: Queue This!
Qpid: Quite Perfect Innate Design
Qpid: Quite Possibly Iconic Design
Qpid: Quick, Purposeful, Innate Design
Qpid: The force is with you
Qpid: Warp Factor X
Qpid - Message Transformers!
Qpid - Transforming Messaging!
Qpid - Materializing Near You!
Qpid: For all your Dark Nights...
Qpid: Warp Factor AMQP!
Qpid - Exposing Your Event Horizons
Qpid: To infinity and beyond (TM)
Qpid: Mnah, Mnah
Qpid: reliably spreading the message of love since '06
Qpid: AMQP has a love letter for you
The future's bright, the future's orang-utan?
Qpid: Software that actually delivers!
Qpid : Express delivery
Qpid : Consider it delivered

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: [ShortListing] Qpid Slogan

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
Martin Ritchie wrote:
> I've compiled the list of 53 suggestions we have had so far, if I've
> missed one out then let me know asap.
>
> So taking Carl's suggestion everyone gets 10 points:
>
> Allocate them as you feel free so if you absolutely positively must
> have that slogan you can give it 10.

4 > I'm with Qpid
3 > Qpid - no bollocks, just messages
2 > AMQP?: I'm with Qpid!
And I just have to vote for the Sesame Street slogan:
1 > Qpid: Mnah, Mnah

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Fwd: [ShortListing] Qpid Slogan[MESSAGE NOT SCANNED]

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Bleh, mail server is AWOL, let's try another :)

Begin forwarded message:

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Pretty good work Martin :-)
>
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:58 AM, Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> I've compiled the list of 53 suggestions we have had so far, if I've
>> missed one out then let me know asap.
>>
>> So taking Carl's suggestion everyone gets 10 points:
>>
>> Allocate them as you feel free so if you absolutely positively must
>> have that slogan you can give it 10.
>>
>> Once we have a Top 10 then we can decide if we want to:
>> a) Vote on a winner takes all
>> b) Take the top n for use.
>> c) Reopen the suggestions.
>>
>> Really I'm hoping for an a) or b) but there you go.
>>

> Here's my ten and I sorted according to my preference.
>

> Hi all,
>

> +5  Apache Qpid: Fast, Reliable, AMQP Messaging
>> +3  Apache Qpid, Enterprise Messaging through AMQP
>>
> +2  Got Messaging? Think AMQP. Think Apache Qpid.
>>

> Regards

    Lahiru

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@apache.org>.
Hi Martin,

Pretty good work Martin :-)

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:58 AM, Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> wrote:

> I've compiled the list of 53 suggestions we have had so far, if I've
> missed one out then let me know asap.
>
> So taking Carl's suggestion everyone gets 10 points:
>
> Allocate them as you feel free so if you absolutely positively must
> have that slogan you can give it 10.
>
> Once we have a Top 10 then we can decide if we want to:
> a) Vote on a winner takes all
> b) Take the top n for use.
> c) Reopen the suggestions.
>
> Really I'm hoping for an a) or b) but there you go.

Here's my ten and I sorted according to my preference.

> Apache Qpid, Enterprise Messaging through AMQP

   Apache Qpid, AMQP Enterprise Messaging

> Apache Qpid, AMQP Enterprise Messaging
> Apache Qpid: Fast, Reliable, AMQP Messaging
> Apache Qpid: Standardised Messaging with AMQP
> Got Messaging? Think AMQP. Think Apache Qpid.
> Apache Qpid; Whizz Bang Messaging
> Apache Qpid: Send a Message!
> Apache Qpid: Messaging from the heart.
> Qpid, Fire and forget

Lahiru

Posted by michael goulish <mg...@redhat.com>.
Could we consider this to be a runoff, and have a round of
suggestions-for-final-modifications to the winner(s) ?

If I include negative votes for some slogans, does that mean
I can give other ones larger positive numbers, just so they
all add up to 10?   ( I had a job doing something like that in the
recent election here in the States...)

+5 : AMQP?: I'm with Qpid!
+4 : I'm with Qpid.
+1 : Apache Qpid: Fast, Reliable, AMQP Messaging

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Once we have a Top 10 then we can decide if we want to:
>>> a) Vote on a winner takes all
>>> b) Take the top n for use.
>>> c) Reopen the suggestions.
>>>
>> +10 c)
>>
>> All the current ones make me sad panda to a greater or lesser extent.
>>

> Thought about this one earlier: "Qpid: Putting the qute back into
> message queues"
>
> - Aidan

It would be good to get a result of the votes on the ones we had and
then decide.

Re: [ShortListing] Qpid Slogan

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.

http://qpid.apache.org

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
+10 : I'm with Qpid

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Possible T-shirt image

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
I think we may need to take the AMQP off the logo to not have issues
with the AMQP WG, maybe
put the AMQP in text below it.

I am going to see if I can get a set of these printed to be handed out...
Carl.

Re: Possible T-shirt image

Posted by michael goulish <mg...@redhat.com>.

Re: Possible T-shirt image

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>

>> let's make them... hand them out at apachecon
>>

> Were you able to make it happen. I'm excited to get a Qpid T-shirt :-)

not yet, I wanted to print 600, but my budget did not make it  that far

Carl.

Re: Possible T-shirt image

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@apache.org>.
Hi Carl,

Re: Possible T-shirt image

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 2:06 AM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> let's make them... hand them out at apachecon

I have seen many other projects do it, from what I remember you just
need to notify them

Carl.

Re: Possible T-shirt image

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 2:06 AM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> let's make them... hand them out at apachecon

I think we might need to run this by prc@ before we do this. Also, I
think it would be better to decide on a logo and slogan first, before
creating merch. Cafepress and friends can get stuff in a few days, so
it needent be a rush before March.

- Aidan
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Possible T-shirt image

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Re: Possible T-shirt image

Posted by Mark Atwell <ma...@gmail.com>.
Great work Michael!

Re: Possible T-shirt image

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@apache.org>.

Re: Possible T-shirt image

Posted by michael goulish <mg...@redhat.com>.
Oops, thanks.
How about this:

Re: Possible T-shirt image

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,

Possible T-shirt image

Posted by michael goulish <mg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Mark Atwell <ma...@gmail.com>.
As per someone else's comments a while back, I'd be wary of associating the
product with the 'enterprise'. It may be a great marketing ploy, but its
downsides outweight its upsides It may be a great 'in joke/association', but
this in itself is unlikely to gain commercial (brace yourself) 'mind-share'.
Indeed the 'enterprise' association may well distance the rest of the
crucial Open-Source/free-thinking community.

Perception is reality!

Posted by John O'Hara <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joshua Kramer <jo...@globalherald.net>.

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com>.
The ones suggested by me are not seen on the list.

i.e.
Apache Qpid - Fast, Reliable, Interoperable Enterprise Messaging
&
Apache Qpid - The Open Source AMQP Implementation

Anyway the bottom line is that the slogan ought to be enterprisey.
> Messaging: I'm with Qpid
>
> and then (in smaller print underneath, on my T-Shirt)

Rob, I love to have this printed on my T-shirt too ;).

Danushka

--
Danushka Menikkumbura
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc.

blog : http://danushka-menikkumbura.blogspot.com/

Posted by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
I think I'll go for

+10 : I'm with Qpid

although I'd probably prefer:

Messaging: I'm with Qpid

and then (in smaller print underneath, on my T-Shirt)

Apache Open Source AMQP Messaging (or something equally enterprisey)

-- Rob

Posted by Nuno Santos <ns...@redhat.com>.
Justin Ross wrote:
> I'm all in (+10) on "Send a message." ("!" optional, imho)
> I really like "I'm with Qpid", but I think I'd prefer it for a t-shirt.

Same here, for the same reasons:

+10 on "Send a message"

Nuno

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.