Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Graham Frank <gf...@neoservers.com> on 2007/02/18 05:18:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Question for List Admin

Hello,

I am having an issue sending mail to the list.  For some reason, the message
I've been trying to send is being bounced back due to a high spam score,
which makes no sense.  I've never had problems sending before.

Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks.

--Graham

RE: [users@httpd] Question for List Admin

Posted by Graham Frank <gf...@neoservers.com>.
Hey,

So I sent the email to them describing the issue.  It bounced too.
Apparently, the spam filters don't like the log lines I'm providing (albeit
one).

Apache's bounce message states that it will provide the headers, but it
doesn't.  It's just whitespace.

I will CC a copy of this reply to infrastructure@apache.org.

Bounce message (exact same for users@ as well):

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.neoservers.com.

<in...@apache.org>:
140.211.11.133 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 552 spam score (8.0) exceeded threshold

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

Send an exact copy of your bounce (complete headers please!!!) to
infrastructure@apache.org with an indication of the problem.

It seems to be working now, perhaps it was the nature of your
attachments or whatnot.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.