Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kannan Ekanath <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/25 15:05:38 UTC

Maven Idea Plugin

Hi,
I have a problem with Maven Idea plugin. I have a local repository and my
project refers to dependencies there. However if the sources.jar are already
there in the local machine repository, I want IDEA to create iml files with
source attachments defined(Right now, I am doing the attaching of source
jars manually).

Note this is a completely different feature from -DdownloadSources=true, I
do not want to download the sources. But for whatever source jar files I
already have in my repository I want idea to create those entries. Can
someone let me know when this feature will be done?
Kannan Ekanath

Re: Maven Idea Plugin

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Kannan Ekanath wrote:
> Thanks !!!
> That is exactly what I need. I however have a question though. I am using
> 2.2-SNAPSHOT version, there is a patch for this JIRA issue, (which means
> that it is already added to source control).

No, it just means that someone has created a patch for the issue. It has
not been committed to Subversion yet.

> Since I am referring to the snapshot version directly, wouldnt I get this
> fix this week itself? (I read that the snapshot bundles are updated every
> week)

If it had been applied, you would get most likely get it. But as it
hasn't been applied yet - you wont' get it.

> Thanks,
> Kannan
>
> On 7/25/07, Ian Springer <ia...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Looks like there's already an issue for this.
>>
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MIDEA-94
>>
>> You should vote for it if you want to increase the chances of it being
>> added.
>>
>> -Ian
>>
>> Kannan Ekanath wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have a problem with Maven Idea plugin. I have a local repository and
>> my
>>> project refers to dependencies there. However if the sources.jar are
>>> already
>>> there in the local machine repository, I want IDEA to create iml files
>>> with
>>> source attachments defined(Right now, I am doing the attaching of source
>>> jars manually).
>>>
>>> Note this is a completely different feature from
>>> -DdownloadSources=true, I
>>> do not want to download the sources. But for whatever source jar files I
>>> already have in my repository I want idea to create those entries. Can
>>> someone let me know when this feature will be done?

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Maven Idea Plugin

Posted by Kannan Ekanath <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks !!!

Re: Maven Idea Plugin

Posted by Ian Springer <ia...@redhat.com>.
Hi,

Re: Maven Idea Plugin

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Kannan Ekanath wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with Maven Idea plugin. I have a local repository and my
> project refers to dependencies there. However if the sources.jar are
> already
> there in the local machine repository, I want IDEA to create iml files with
> source attachments defined(Right now, I am doing the attaching of source
> jars manually).
>
> Note this is a completely different feature from -DdownloadSources=true, I
> do not want to download the sources. But for whatever source jar files I
> already have in my repository I want idea to create those entries. Can
> someone let me know when this feature will be done?

Did you try using the -DdownloadSources command line option?

--
Dennis Lundberg