Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bo...@americawest.com on 2001/10/03 21:47:32 UTC

Jetspeed and Oracle...

Can anyone direct me to some information about what tools(drivers) I need,
how to setup, install, configure, and extract info from an Oracle database.
I have a database on our network that I would like to try to retrieve info
from and present in a portlet however I am unsure of how to go about all
this.  Is there any good documentation that outlines what I am looking to
learn??

Thanks in advance!

Bob Wilson.

Re: Jetspeed and Oracle...

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
Bob,
Is the database access limited to your portlets, or do you wish to
maintain Jetspeed user and configuration in the database?

Assuming the database access is limited to your portlets:
1) you will need the jdbc driver distributed by Oracle. ( I suspect
   the class files will need to be places in WEB-INF/classes)
2) you portlet will access the database via JDBC.

Documentation and examples can be found on Oracle's OTN site,
http://otn.oracle.com, and on Sun's java site, http://java.sun.com.

Paul Spencer

Re: Jetspeed and Oracle...

Posted by "Scott A. Roehrig" <sa...@hotmail.com>.
I found the JDBC section within the Java tutorials from Sun to work for me.
Good basic JDBC stuff to get you started on the coding. The JDBC code can be
placed within the portlet handler or using a bean to encapsulate the
transaction would probably be a better way to go.

Scott

Jetspeed not reading classes

Posted by leonard flournoy <lf...@simulaventures.com>.
I've modified my trp so that it points to addition classes place in
com.simula.modules .
I restarted tomcat and it still does not load the classes in modules.screens
that are associated with the vm's. The vm's load fine but the class files
don't. Also, is there some special way to use the skins.properties file. I
refer to the $ui.bgcolor that is defined in the skins/default file and I get
"$ui.bgcolor is not a valid reference" in velocity.log.
What's up with that? Thanks for your help.