Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Usman Uppal <uu...@salesforce.com> on 2005/09/27 21:02:17 UTC

LOG4NET - SMTP Appender Not Working

Hi, I am a LOG4NET configuration file to log information into a log file
and send email to SMTP server. Logging information is successfully
getting logged into the log file but email via SMTP Host is not working.
Is there anyway to debug why email delivery is not working? I have
checked SMTP server, looks like LOG4Net is not even hitting the server,
there is no email waiting to be delivered.

I can also ping the SMTP host where my application is installed and can
send email via outlook.

Usman

Re: LOG4NET - SMTP Appender Not Working

Posted by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com>.
What happens when you turn on internal debugging?

http://tinyurl.com/c5qqh
http://www.mail-archive.com/log4net-user%40logging.apache.org/msg02306.html

You'll probably get an error saying you don't have permission to create
an CDO object.