Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by RuralHunter <ru...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/17 03:45:08 UTC

Dead lock in 5.13.3

I got a dead lock in 5.13.3. But the jstack failed to get the stack of the
locking threads:
Deadlock Detection:

Found one Java-level deadlock:
=============================

"ActiveMQ NIO Worker 93810":
 waiting for ownable synchronizer 0x00007fdafc09e548, (a
java/util/concurrent/locks/ReentrantReadWriteLock$NonfairSync),
 which is held by "ActiveMQ NIO Worker 93322"
"ActiveMQ NIO Worker 93322":
 waiting for ownable synchronizer 0x00007fdab28706b0, (a
java/util/concurrent/locks/ReentrantReadWriteLock$NonfairSync),
 which is held by "ActiveMQ NIO Worker 93810"

Found a total of 1 deadlock.

Thread 26319: (state = BLOCKED)
Error occurred during stack walking:

Thread 26318: (state = BLOCKED)
 - sun.misc.Unsafe.park(boolean, long) @bci=0 (Compiled frame; information
may be imprecise)
 - java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(java.lang.Object) @bci=14,
line=186 (Compiled frame)
 -
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.parkAndCheckInterrupt()
@bci=1, line=834 (Compiled frame)
 -
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.doAcquireShared(int)
@bci=83, line=964 (Compiled frame)
 - java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.acquireShared(int)
@bci=10, line=1282 (Compiled frame)
 - java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantReadWriteLock$ReadLock.lock() @bci=5,
line=731 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion.lookup(org.apache.activemq.broker.ConnectionContext,
org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQDestination, boolean) @bci=10, line=541
(Interpreted frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion.addConsumer(org.apache.activemq.broker.ConnectionContext,
org.apache.activemq.command.ConsumerInfo) @bci=65, line=342 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.addConsumer(org.apache.activemq.broker.ConnectionContext,
org.apache.activemq.command.ConsumerInfo) @bci=41, line=427 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedRegionBroker.addConsumer(org.apache.activemq.broker.ConnectionContext,
org.apache.activemq.command.ConsumerInfo) @bci=3, line=240 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConsumer(org.apache.activemq.broker.ConnectionContext,
org.apache.activemq.command.ConsumerInfo) @bci=6, line=103 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConsumer(org.apache.activemq.broker.ConnectionContext,
org.apache.activemq.command.ConsumerInfo) @bci=6, line=103 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addConsumer(org.apache.activemq.broker.ConnectionContext,
org.apache.activemq.command.ConsumerInfo) @bci=6, line=108 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddConsumer(org.apache.activemq.command.ConsumerInfo)
@bci=207, line=671 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.command.ConsumerInfo.visit(org.apache.activemq.state.CommandVisitor)
@bci=2, line=351 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(org.apache.activemq.command.Command)
@bci=41, line=338 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(java.lang.Object)
@bci=70, line=188 (Compiled frame)
 - org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.onCommand(java.lang.Object)
@bci=52, line=50 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(java.lang.Object)
@bci=29, line=125 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.transport.AbstractInactivityMonitor.onCommand(java.lang.Object)
@bci=156, line=300 (Compiled frame)
 -
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(java.lang.Object)
@bci=16, line=83 (Compiled frame)
 - org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun() @bci=7, line=233
(Compiled frame)
 - org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run() @bci=47, line=215
(Compiled frame)
 - java.lang.Thread.run() @bci=11, line=745 (Interpreted frame)

The jstack output seems is not complete(Don't know why). I grep 93810 or
93322 in the stack log but couldn't find anything except the dead lock info
above.

Re: Dead lock in 5.13.3

Posted by RuralHunter <ru...@gmail.com>.
I have the
We don't use ws protocol, only use openwire and nio. Is AMQ-6275 still
related? I upgraded to 5.13.4 anyway. Let's see if it happens again.

Re: Dead lock in 5.13.3

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yep, AMQ-6275 does look like it might be the fix for this particular
issue.  If the issue occurs again after upgrading to 5.13.4 or 5.14.0 it
can be looked at more closely.  I said earlier that it could be tricky
because there could be things such as destination interceptors, various
optional plugins configured, etc involved that don't always make it obvious
the exact code path the other thread might be taking to cause the deadlock.

Re: Dead lock in 5.13.3

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Re: Dead lock in 5.13.3

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.