Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Gul Onural <on...@nortel.com> on 2006/12/02 21:16:32 UTC

Supporting multiple versions of the same service with Axis2

I want to be able to support multiple versions of my service on the same
system.
The pattern I am trying to use is :
- Keep the service name the same
- Change wsdl namespace url to reflect the change in the wsdl
- Change the location (target EPR) of the service fro the new version
deployment
For example for v1 :
Service Name = MyService
Wsdl Namespace = http://www.mycompany.com/MyService1
Location = http://localhost/axis2/services/v1.0
For example for v2 :
Service Name = MyService
Wsdl Namespace = http://www.mycompany.com/MyService2
Location = http://localhost/axis2/services/v2.0
In order to do that I can create two directories under services, one for
v1.0 and one for v2.0.
However I don't know how to change repository url (in Axis2 web.xml) to
support this pattern. In the web.xml,
there is a parameter for the repository url :
   <param-name>axis2.repository.url</param-name>
   <param-value>http://localhost/services/v0.1</param-value>
How can I configure Axis2 to support different repository directories ?
If this is not possible, what is the proper way of deploying multiple
versions of the same service
to Axis2 ?
Thanks
Gul