Posted to users@rave.apache.org by Bill Donaldson <wb...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/07 04:46:17 UTC

PROPOSAL: Rave Roadmap

Apoorv Durga from The Real Story Group posted an article on Rave.
http://www.realstorygroup.com/Blog/2317-Rave-Becomes-a-New-Apache-Portal-Project

The point that I think the community should is the lack of a roadmap.
On the dev list there have been many a lot of meta discussions on
creating a roadmap and many proposals.  This hasn't created a clear
set of capabilities that would be required for a 1.0 release.

Proposal - On the Rave wiki create two pages Roadmap & proposals

I can troll the dev list for the features for the 1.0 release and the
latest set of proposals.

I believe this will help the development community BUT the real value
will be to help the user community get involved and inform them of
where the project is going.

Bill

RE: PROPOSAL: Rave Roadmap

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.
Hi Bill,

I think this is an important step.  We have been talking about creating a roadmap, and even taken some steps; but, nothing is codified yet.

If you have time to consolidate all of the feature requests on the wiki, that would be very helpful.

We started a page of architecture topics, but feel free to create other pages.  If you don't have permission to create a page, let us know and we can create one for you (I am still getting used to MoinMoin, so am not familiar with its authorization layer).

Thanks,

-Matt