Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Gao Jun <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/17 06:40:30 UTC

Status of supporting UTF-8 encoding

Hi,

Could anybody tell me what's the status of Slide for supporting UTF-8 encoding?
I'm using Slide 2.1b but it still has problem in supporting languages like Chinese.
I'd like to know whether this version is supposed to support all kinds of charsets.
Thanks.

regards,

Jun

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Status of supporting UTF-8 encoding

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
There have been a number of language-related patches recently, so 2.1
should work well for you. If you don't want check out the latest updates
from the release branch in CVS, the first 2.1 release candidate should
be available in the next week or so.

Also, for a majority of language problems simply configuring the app
server correctly helps a lot. Search the mailing list for details on
this. I believe then next release will correctly configure the Tomcat
bundle, as well.

-James