Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by 鶴川 <cr...@terra.dti.ne.jp> on 2003/11/12 16:23:34 UTC

[users@httpd] How to assign different port for different URLs respectively ?

Dear All:

I'm now developing a system with SOAP services using Axis and Tomcat.
I've also deployed them on Apache-2.0.47. (Linux)

I have several SOAP services and some of them return valuable data,
so I'd like to protect such data with TLS. It means if I communicate
with SOAP service1 (valuable) I'd like to allow only TLS communication
(port 443) and if I do with SOAP service2 (standard) I'd like to allow
both port 80 and 443. I think it is a very natural system requirement.
I've already achieved TLS communication with enabling port 443
VirtualHost by ssl.conf, and next I have to close port 80 only for
SOAP service1.

I'm now trying to do this with httpd.conf configurations and I studied
Apache directive reference, FAQ, Tips etc, but I can't still find a
collect answer.

First of all, I assigned different URLs for service1 and service2
respectively, so that httpd.conf can distinguish them with <Location>
directive. Then I put following lines in httpd.conf and I found I can't
communicate with service1 through port 80, but I also can't communicate
through port 443 defined in ssl.conf.

  :
Listen 80
  :
<Location /service1>
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from all
</Location>

Is there any ways to limit <Location> directive effect only for port 80 ?

In case of static files, DocumentRoot is available for this purpose. But
I can't find the way for SOAP services (URLs). I'm also not sure if
<Directory> directive is available in this case or not.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Tatsuya Tsurukawa