Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/07/13 17:48:13 UTC

[Lenya Wiki] Update of "HowToEditWithWebDAV" by JannForrer

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lenya Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JannForrer:
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToEditWithWebDAV

    * You should see your authoring folder, open it to see your documents
  Note: For some reason I can't open the documents directly, but I can drag and drop and I can "send to".  I can open the documents from Open Office (or other apps) but can't directly save them.
    * You should be able to drag and drop new documents into your web folder
-
+
+ == Using a Linux Client ==
+ First I tired konqueror as a client but it did not work. The second client I tried was [http://www.webdav.org/cadaver/ cadaver]:
+ {{{
+ cadaver http://localhost:8888/default/authoring (command line)
+ set editor emacs
+ edit tutorial_en.html
+ }}}
+ and it basically works. That means i could open, edit and save a document. Further it was not possible to save non valid xml. I did not test other CMS functionality as e.g. access control yet.
+
+
  == Known Problems / Things to fix ==
    * In order for the current webDAV interface to work, the client has to identify itself in the User-Agent header and it needs to support http Basic Auth
    * Dreamweaver can't yet make new documents, for some reason it issues a MKCOL before putting a new document, MKCOL isn't handled yet.